Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the 10 out to the strip. Its the first time running it so I was pretty happy with most of my times. Only got to run once an hour because the place was packed, but still had a damn good time. This is my fastest slip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I need to spend some time working on coming out of the hole. I got worked off the line for the most part. But the best part of about that was chasing down and beating a 14

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah man, good first time out(its always fun if your at the strip or track)!!! Now all you need is some more seat time and you will see VAST improvement out there...But sweet times man!!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Your first time to a strip I will bet you will have butterflies, I did a little but that all went away when I staged up and then came to the line and saw it go green!! After your first run you will be addicted...I'm more of a track guy so the strip is fun but not me...You will have fun though...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I was a bit nervous the on the first run. Its been about 2 years since my last one, and that was on a 6R. I'm definitly hooked after this weekend, gonna try to make it back again before they close for the winter. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
51 Posts
work on your 60ft and you'll be low 10's maybe 9's but run down a 14 will not happen if the guy knows how to ride. I race them all the time, can hang til 3rd gear then torque and displacement take over. Good luck. Seat time brother

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I reckon I'd be pretty nervous 1st time round, but seeing that green light would be game on for sure. I remember I was nervous the 1st time hit the track, but it did surprise me how quick they disappeared once I had a couple of laps down - oh what fun! Looking forward to seeing the results from the next run, good luck!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The rain finally stopped around here and I made it back to the track today. I improved a little bit but definitely still need a lot of seat time to work on my launches

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Keepin practicing and they'll keep goin down. 90% of dragracing is the launch. Are you using a strap atleast? If not, it'd be a great idea. Also, I dont know where you're running, but check out 2wheelspeed.com. We race @ Byron dragway, all bike events with a bunch of classes (even beginner ones) and great people.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont have a strap yet, I'll be getting one over the winter along with some lowering links. I've been running at Byron the last 2 weekends

·
Registered
860 Posts
It'll definitely help ya out. How do you like running downhill? You should definitely come out next season and check it out. Lots of fun. If ya check out the ET results over the last season you might see a zx10 in there a few times. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts