Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little backround, I bought the bike Nov. 08 and wrecked it about 6 months ago and bought some aftermarket plastics BIGGEST MISTAKE, but any ways one of the lowers came off on the highway at about 110mph which sucked so I had one of my friends fix and paint my OEM ones. Those pics will be coming soon but here are some of me taking it apart.

IMG_1493.jpg
IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1498.jpg
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1506.jpg

And since I had to take the tank off to paint I figured I would also replace the spark plugs which looks like it is going to be a pain.
IMG_1509.jpg

I also found out that the previous owner installed Velocity Stacks?
IMG_1508.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg

Let me know what you think.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
looks like u having fun!!!! cant beat finding a few unknown aftermarket parts!!!

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Yes remove secondaries and go to town! How did you not know there was Vstacks after a year of owning it by the way? Anyhoo good luck man more pics the betta!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Have fun man! Lois like it's time to grab a rag and do some cleanin, not being rude, I love cleaning my bike LOL. What areyou painting your plastics? As in color and design?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
dang man looks like fun (saying sarcastically) ahaha cant wait to see what you come up with fixing it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Which aftermarket plastics did you go with? I went with nicecycle and i had the same exact problem on a "spirited" ride. Im not very happy about the quality for the money spent.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes remove secondaries and go to town! How did you not know there was Vstacks after a year of owning it by the way? Anyhoo good luck man more pics the betta!

I didn't know because I bought it with 5K miles and figured it wasn't going to need an air filter so I never took a look inside.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have fun man! Lois like it's time to grab a rag and do some cleanin, not being rude, I love cleaning my bike LOL. What areyou painting your plastics? As in color and design?
It is in need of a deep cleaning. Unfortunately for the design I just went jet black, my friend was going to do something more custom but he needed all of the plastics right away and I didn't have them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which aftermarket plastics did you go with? I went with nicecycle and i had the same exact problem on a "spirited" ride. Im not very happy about the quality for the money spent.
Yes they were from nicecycle, not a good idea. I have no idea how it came off everything was bolted properly. I just feel sorry for the cars that I had just passed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My right lower had come off because the mounting tab broke off where it mounts to the frame at under the rearset and i was just dragging it along until i was able to find a spot to pull off the rode cuz we were in the forest

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang man that sucks. I didn't even bother going back for it, I figured at 110 that lower was toast.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
It looks like I saw a few little rust spots here and there. May want to sand

and paint those while you have it torn down.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like I saw a few little rust spots here and there. May want to sand

and paint those while you have it torn down.
Not sounding rude but where might have you seen those spots?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
3rd pic from the bottom, right below the fuel rail looks like a bunch of rust? or is that just dirt that looks off b/c of the camera?

looking good though, sorry to hear about the shitty plastics you bought, that must have been annoying as hell

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ooohhh all that. When I wrecked i lowsided on the left side because I was going around a curve and there was sand in the road, the bike slid and spun 180 degrees in to more sand and gravel and some of it was red so that is how bad I wrecked. That $hit got everywhere, even broke my front end off at the ram air.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i kinda figured that it was dirt, that would have been a whole lot of rust for you to ask "what rust" haha

·
Registered
620 Posts
Your bike look like a mess..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i kinda figured that it was dirt, that would have been a whole lot of rust for you to ask "what rust" haha
I wear contacts but I know I am not THAT blind. Yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts