Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rods and epoxied them removed the step lip and now im getting these codes and reinstalling the t-bodies. Any hints on what i should check code 11 is Main throttle sensor malfunction and 32 is Subthrottle sensor malfunction

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ill hook it up tomorrow and MAYBE it will somehow fix both Fi's!!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Yeah man, you should have read up on this because there is several threads that tell you not to remove the rod because without it the motor sensor will mess up and throw a code.
Take the flies out but leave the shaft.

(That's what she said :mrgreen:)

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
I took the rob out closed the holes,and also the sub throttle stuff. Took a black sharpie pen and blacked out the FI light no problems

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Ripped10R;1807118 Took a black sharpie pen and blacked out the FI light no problems[/QUOTE said:
:crackup: Then there's that approach :lol::lol:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I also did this mod but I took out rod cut at cylinder 1 flat with throttle body
Wall closest to linkage and put back in no codes or lights come on still thinks rod Is there and used plastic weld good up to 3000psi if need pic think I have some

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I also did this mod but I took out rod cut at cylinder 1 flat with throttle body
Wall closest to linkage and put back in no codes or lights come on still thinks rod Is there and used plastic weld good up to 3000psi if need pic think I have some

That's great bro, I never thought about a leaving a part of the rod so the
motor picks up the right resistance.
That will be a BIG help for everyone who wants to do this mod.
I've had a bunch of people ask me If I could build a fly motor delete for this.
But it requires a microprocessor to get the readings correct back to the ECU to keep it from throwing a FI light.

Do you have any pics you can post up of your job??
Also, what Gen is it on?

Rep sent bro. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks man it a gen 1 I jus looked for the pics can't find but my engine is at engine builders so wen I get it back from them next week or following Monday I will take photos n send u but I use my iPhone so I can't upload to forum if u giv me ur email I'll email them to u ASAP .

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Thanks man it a gen 1 I jus looked for the pics can't find but my engine is at engine builders so wen I get it back from them next week or following Monday I will take photos n send u but I use my iPhone so I can't upload to forum if u giv me ur email I'll email them to u ASAP .

Excellent, thanks bro, its,

[email protected]

Don

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah man, you should have read up on this because there is several threads that tell you not to remove the rod because without it the motor sensor will mess up and throw a code.
Take the flies out but leave the shaft.

(That's what she said :mrgreen:)
every grudge bike i know of has them out i have a extra set ill play with and see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just looked at mine and everything is pluged up still

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just changed it all out and disconnected the battery still throwing them

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Excellent, thanks bro, its,

[email protected]

Don
:thumbsup: best email!

just changed it all out and disconnected the battery still throwing them
Its possible that its like the servo motor for the exhaust valve, where it can be fine if you dont mess with it other than simply pulling the cables, I think that wont get it to throw an FI light, but if you turn the servo at all, it kicks an FI light. Maybe because you pulled the rod and tried moving it, its kicking the light and needs to have some kind of reset or calibration done? just a thought

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:thumbsup: best email!

Its possible that its like the servo motor for the exhaust valve, where it can be fine if you dont mess with it other than simply pulling the cables, I think that wont get it to throw an FI light, but if you turn the servo at all, it kicks an FI light. Maybe because you pulled the rod and tried moving it, its kicking the light and needs to have some kind of reset or calibration done? just a thought
im tired of fooling with it we will see how she runs friday night when i leave from 10k then ill know if it matters or not cause the bike should go 60-70's on motor no problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts