Discussion Starter #1

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:headshake

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I know for a fact that 4-strokes can run in reverse. I fly rc airplanes and you can accidently start them in reverse. But they are single cylinder with no transmission and no onboard starter. You bump start them from the prop and it can sometimes recoil backwards and it will start and run. You go to throttle up and the plane goes backwards! I don't think this could happen this easily in a motorcycle though.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think he must have screweed something up when he installed that gay ass knightrider light on the front of his bike.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Man I am sad....I just read through all those damn pages to see if they figured out the problem and here it is.

The bike has been fixed What happened was when they put the chain (530)on the bike it must have draped in between the swingarm pivot bolt and the countershaft sprocket.And there fore the chain was being rotated from the top making it go backwards. If I had taken the time to do the nickey mod I would have noticed it right away. The guys at the shop (procycles) say the 530 chain fits perfect inbetween the counter shaft and swing arm pivot bolt. So if you thought this was a hoax I would say try this to your own bike and see if it goes backwards. All I know is my bike is now fixed and now it needs to stop raining so I can ride the bitch.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I did this on my 175 yamaha. it was back in the 70's and i just put in new points and condenser. While tightening the fly wheel. I started the bike up and it went back ward. I called a yamaha shop and the guy just laughed and told me to spin the fly wheel the other way and it should go back to normal. it did. That was with magneto fly wheel. someone needs to tell the guy to spin the crank in the other direction.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Larry Grogan said:
Man I am sad....I just read through all those damn pages to see if they figured out the problem and here it is.

The bike has been fixed What happened was when they put the chain (530)on the bike it must have draped in between the swingarm pivot bolt and the countershaft sprocket.And there fore the chain was being rotated from the top making it go backwards. If I had taken the time to do the nickey mod I would have noticed it right away. The guys at the shop (procycles) say the 530 chain fits perfect inbetween the counter shaft and swing arm pivot bolt. So if you thought this was a hoax I would say try this to your own bike and see if it goes backwards. All I know is my bike is now fixed and now it needs to stop raining so I can ride the bitch.

You beat me to it... that is the most messed up thing I ever heard of.
I wonder if the "tech" was an AMI graduate. OR maybe a previous employee of OCC.:badteeth:

That bonus sketch explains it well but could be a long download with all that high res detail.:mrgreen:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i didn't know this was possible

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
cain772 said:
i didn't know this was possible
Only due to the F up mounting the chain and apparently the swingarm design helped keep the chain in (the wrong) place.

What a moron "tech" you'd have to be to think that was correct and button up the CS cover.

The high res sketch explains all. Now lets see a stuter use an RC51 running in reverse!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts