Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really hoping for a black or blue zx10r 2nd gen, but saw this one...he's willing to bring it 2 hours to me and says he's having personal issues with his kids and that's why it's so cheap. Title is in hand and he said there's nothing wrong with it. Any thoughts? Just don't want to get buyer's remorse!

07 Kawasaki ninja ZX10R

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
For that price you can't go wrong. Especially if it's as nice as it looks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
have him meet you at a dmv office to check title status, if he wont, you know it's a fake title, and a stolen bike.

seeing a lot of "real" titles from craigslist being counterfeit. first you have to explain it to the police, then you figure out, you are out the cash, with no recourse. buyer beware. Ski

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
have him meet you at a dmv office to check title status, if he wont, you know it's a fake title, and a stolen bike.

seeing a lot of "real" titles from craigslist being counterfeit. first you have to explain it to the police, then you figure out, you are out the cash, with no recourse. buyer beware. Ski

Very good point! :ayyy:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I was buying my first house in 2010, and I sold my mint condition candy plasma blue 05 zx636 with 6000 miles for only $3500...
I literally had like two days to sell it, and took the first cash offer...so yeah, it's not always too good to be true...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Maybe just me, but I would never buy anything in haste

There will be others and its not really the color you wanted anyway

I would pass on that

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I wouldn't buy a bike with 36000 miles on it. To be fair though, I have yet to buy a used bike with much more than 5k

·
Registered
374 Posts
If I knew the owner, then 36k wouldn't worry me. In this situation I would feel more comfortable with some proof and history of service.

I've made some great buys from people in a hurry for cash. I just made sure to verify everything was 100% legit before parting with any money.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts

Very good point! :ayyy:
:+2:

Make sure it's a legitimate sale. We deal with stolen bikes all the time, especially this time of year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts