Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,629 Posts
That would be a tight squad of big name riders for Kawi in '09!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
That would be a nice squad...Now I hope they make the bike better.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
bike looked good last weekend. Way down on speed in the straights though. I think melandri and elias would both do well on it. Hopkins will do well too when he gets 100% healthy

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
If half the field rides Kawi then sooner or later we might get a win

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Far from being a done deal...

·
Registered
614 Posts
bike looked good last weekend. Way down on speed in the straights though. I think melandri and elias would both do well on it. Hopkins will do well too when he gets 100% healthy
Unfortunately I think that was far more a function of the tyres than the bikes. They were running Bridgestone, therefore they were in the running. If you were on Michelin you had no hope.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, but seriously, what have Melandri and Elias done lately (besides BRNO fluke) they have been as slow if not slower than the kwaks, granted they blame it on the Duc being not "user friendly" but good riders find a way to go fast and make the most out of the bike, not blame it for "not fiting their rideing style" what makes you guys think the ZXRR is going to be any easier to tame than the Duc, Hopper and West have done nothing but complain about lack of grip, on/off throttle, and now the mighty zxrr engine is looking not so hot on the top end anymore, I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here, its good to have hope, but be realitic about things, the ZXRR is not a good GP bike, plain and simple.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't agree...

Maybe they just work with the bike. Kinda like Stoner has...

As for top speeds, Rossi and Stoner were about 7 and 8 on the list at Brno, I think... Just shows, rideability is better than outright speed in some cases...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, but seriously, what have Melandri and Elias done lately (besides BRNO fluke) they have been as slow if not slower than the kwaks, granted they blame it on the Duc being not "user friendly" but good riders find a way to go fast and make the most out of the bike, not blame it for "not fiting their rideing style" what makes you guys think the ZXRR is going to be any easier to tame than the Duc, Hopper and West have done nothing but complain about lack of grip, on/off throttle, and now the mighty zxrr engine is looking not so hot on the top end anymore, I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here, its good to have hope, but be realitic about things, the ZXRR is not a good GP bike, plain and simple.
I hear ya' but we wont know till we try the combination. I think Melandri signed a 2-year contract. If hes a bust after a year let him go with one year left on his contract just like Ducati did, do the same with Elias. Elias is a wierd story, when hes fast, hes really fast and can win. But often hes trolling around near the back of the pack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts