Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple of dell gift cards that were about to expire and I couldn't figure out what to get so I picked up a TomTom Rider 2. It just came in today and looks like a real quality piece. It's one of the cheapest waterproof units you can get.

I'll do a full review when she charges up but here's a couple of pics until then.

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder if that thing will hold up against vibration, bumps, etc.:dontknow:
That's why I got it...

It's biult for motorcycle use and is waterproof-ish. It feels pretty hardcore. The bluetooth headset won't fit on a fullface helmet. The nav synced with my phone though...should be real convenient riding and seeing who is calling and what not. I can also make and receive calls if I can find a bluetooth for my lid.

The touch screen is sweet and easy to manipulate through gloves...and it has a blue motorcycle avatar:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
you should see if you can mount it closer to the cluster instead of the bars, that is a nice piece though

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
My tomtom just crapped out. I may have to go with Garmin.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i have the ram mount mounted in the steering stem hole, works very well, no vibration on it at all really, you wont notice anything major. i use a small waterproof magellan. the little visor on it is pretty sweet.......

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the ram mount mounted in the steering stem hole, works very well, no vibration on it at all really, you wont notice anything major. i use a small waterproof magellan. the little visor on it is pretty sweet.......
That looks like it would conflict with my damper...is yours an 08?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
nope mine is an 06 but its basically the same thing as far as steering stem and damper goes. the damper has some play up and down to it which makes if fit right underneath, it doesnt rub or interfere with anything really

1 - 12 of 12 Posts