Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I wanted to use my TomTom GPS that I already have and happy with... So, I purchased the "Alternative Mounting Kit" from TomTom and did the installation.

The only disadvantage of this setup is that the GPS blocks the whole right LEDs on the gauge as you can see.

** Still need to test it up first... I don't know if it will hold up good in there tho.

Just wanted to know your opinions and if somebody has a better solution that could be applicable with this GPS...

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am thinking about doing the same but only on rare occasions I need it on my bike. I was going to use the suction cup to gas tank and run some kind of safety wire to the tomtom just in case. Like your setup though might have to try it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking about doing the same but only on rare occasions I need it on my bike. I was going to use the suction cup to gas tank and run some kind of safety wire to the tomtom just in case. Like your setup though might have to try it.
Yeah, I thought that this is the best place to mount the suction cup as there will be minimal resistance to air.... I don't know, I have a trip tomorrow.. Will see how it goes and report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts