Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some posts on these tires and some said they have thought about trying them but I've never heard an experienced review. How soft are they, are they even an upgrade from stock sportmax tires? The reason I'm asking is they're only $99.99 for both front and back with 45 sets in stock!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I will have to check these out when I get home. Good find

·
Registered
256 Posts
Aren't they remanufactured tires?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Tomahawks are the ones that come in colors too, I believe that they are remanufactured even the black ones.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here's what the manufacturer says

"Remold technology is our special process of taking an existing tire and re-vulcanizing new "virgin" rubber back on, using state-of-the-art European equipment. All Tomahawk tires are tested using Laser Shearography (X-Ray), inspecting inside the tire body, making our factory one of the most sophisticated of its type in the world. In fact, our main business is the remolding of aircraft tires, which we hold FAA approval rating for up to 225 MPH ground speeds! Since most new tires do not go through shearography and our tires do, it may be said that Tomahawk tires are produced to a higher standard than new tires."

here's a link to their FAQs page
http://www.cycletires.com/faqs.htm

never tried them myself. the price sounds good.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
crash skidmark said:
Here's what the manufacturer says

"Remold technology is our special process of taking an existing tire and re-vulcanizing new "virgin" rubber back on, using state-of-the-art European equipment. All Tomahawk tires are tested using Laser Shearography (X-Ray), inspecting inside the tire body, making our factory one of the most sophisticated of its type in the world. In fact, our main business is the remolding of aircraft tires, which we hold FAA approval rating for up to 225 MPH ground speeds! Since most new tires do not go through shearography and our tires do, it may be said that Tomahawk tires are produced to a higher standard than new tires."

here's a link to their FAQs page
http://www.cycletires.com/faqs.htm

never tried them myself. the price sounds good.

Retreads. The same thing i drive on on my truck. I hate them. see all the rubber from trucks on the roads. The same thing.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
They are also hard as hell. Seen them spin alot! Wouldn't trust them in a corner. Prolly good for stuntin' and putting on smoke shows.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rocketracermike said:
Retreads. The same thing i drive on on my truck. I hate them. see all the rubber from trucks on the roads. The same thing.
Ah NO, your tires on your truck are not remanufactured with the same technology they are retreaded not molded, there is a big difference. I know a guy back in pennsylvania that retreads truck tires. Truck tires are your old worn tires machined down and mated with a sort of epoxy like substance to the new tread and then baked in an oven.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speedfreak said:
They are also hard as hell. Seen them spin alot! Wouldn't trust them in a corner. Prolly good for stuntin' and putting on smoke shows.
How do you know their hard? From experience or hearsay?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I had thought about trying them but heard alot of mixed reviews. i heard some that liked them and some hated them. Buy a set and give us a review.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S.ga.rider said:
I had thought about trying them but heard alot of mixed reviews. i heard some that liked them and some hated them. Buy a set and give us a review.
I'm going too, I've made up my mind, at 99.99 who cares if their junk then I can just burn'em off!!:idea:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
About a year ago a girl around here had a set of the colored tires on her bike and she could spin them pretty easy. She also said that she was getting alot of miles out of them also. I just put the two together as being a hard compound tire. Could have been something with the coloring process to make them harder than the black. I have also "heard" from other people that they are not a sticky tire.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
speedfreak said:
I don't know about that one bro. Last time I went to Willows there was a posse of them using that shit. None of them crashed and one of them was running in the A class at the track. Those sons of bitches even have their own booth and raceteam.:helmet:

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been reading some stuff on their website and they have different compounds, T1, 2 and 3 are all different tires and T2 and 3 come in different compunds. I'm going to order the T3's which are said to be like the diablo's, at a 128 bucks for both I'll see how they are, I'm 98% street anyway. I'm going to Deals Gap soon though I hope they stick!!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I know tires cost a arm and a leg. This could be helpful when money gets a little tight. I think you will be the first to get them and give a report on them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Suzuk1ki11a said:
I've been reading some stuff on their website and they have different compounds, T1, 2 and 3 are all different tires and T2 and 3 come in different compunds. I'm going to order the T3's which are said to be like the diablo's, at a 128 bucks for both I'll see how they are, I'm 98% street anyway. I'm going to Deals Gap soon though I hope they stick!!
Deals Gap is not that crazy as most people think it is. I tell you what, Its not made for crotchrockets if you see a Motard behind you just let them pass by. I ran Deals Gap with BT020s you're safe with any tire except for Shinko's Advance.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I don't know what compound of tires I saw. Probably the harder one. I have heard of people running them on the track, just never saw it with my own eyes. Let us know if they stick, 'cause PP's and Qualifiers are gettin' expensive.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts