Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Tom Sykes joins Vermeulen at PBM Kawasaki

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  P 51 Jockey 
#1 ·
Tom Sykes joins Vermeulen at PBM Kawasaki

It has now been officially announced that Tom Sykes will ride alongside Chris Vermeulen at the factory-backed PBM Kawasaki team in the 2010 World Superbike Championship.

See less See more
#9 ·
I hope sykes does well so they dont banish him back to BSBK but i dont think next year will be much better than this year

#10 ·
There's always hope, people, always. Sykes knows he's got his work cut out for him, so we'll see...

#11 ·
Tom just never came to terms with the crossplane R1. He has shown that he has ability, running well on the Rizla BSB GSXR back in '08 even dicing with some of the factory WSBK guys when they ran in the UK. Hopefully he comes to grips with the ZX10R and maybe he can get some results.

So is it going to be a 3 rider team, with Parkes, Sykes, and Verm? Kawasaki is putting some investment into racing. Hopefully it turns into some podiums, although I'm not holding my breath.

#12 ·
Well Parkes should not be there, in my opinion. I'm at least hoping for both riders to place in the top 10 next season.

#14 ·
True and not true, he was fast at Miller, but very eratic, he was taking way more chances than anybody out there, trying to impress. The next two wild card rides he was way slow and at the back of the pack. Shez impressed me more with his wild card rides this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.