Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom Sykes joins Vermeulen at PBM Kawasaki

It has now been officially announced that Tom Sykes will ride alongside Chris Vermeulen at the factory-backed PBM Kawasaki team in the 2010 World Superbike Championship.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
hmmm, he didnt do much on the yamaha, looks like kawi is going to have another suck ass year. i hope vermeulen can do something

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah sykes just cant seem to do very well on that yamaha, maybe that will change for next year ??? I hope they can atleast get on the podium once or twice LOL

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. Chris Vermin sucks and so does Sykes. When Melandri can finish top 10 several times on a privateer Moto GP Kawi, there's obviously nothing wrong with the equipment. They need a rider and a good tech.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You guys forget that we had laconi a couple of years ago, and he has like 11 wins and could not do shit on the 10R.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wow Vermulean Sucks?
Kinda harsh words but i am sure he will do better than any kawi rider since Scott Russell.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Laconi is a has been.:badteeth:

Lets hope Vermin is better.
He only started being a "has been" when he went to Kawi, I hope I am wrong on this, but I am not getting my hopes up. I have just been disapointed before, shit I had high hopes this year.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I hope sykes does well so they dont banish him back to BSBK but i dont think next year will be much better than this year

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
There's always hope, people, always. Sykes knows he's got his work cut out for him, so we'll see...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Tom just never came to terms with the crossplane R1. He has shown that he has ability, running well on the Rizla BSB GSXR back in '08 even dicing with some of the factory WSBK guys when they ran in the UK. Hopefully he comes to grips with the ZX10R and maybe he can get some results.

So is it going to be a 3 rider team, with Parkes, Sykes, and Verm? Kawasaki is putting some investment into racing. Hopefully it turns into some podiums, although I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Tom just never came to terms with the crossplane R1. He has shown that he has ability, running well on the Rizla BSB GSXR back in '08 even dicing with some of the factory WSBK guys when they ran in the UK. Hopefully he comes to grips with the ZX10R and maybe he can get some results.

So is it going to be a 3 rider team, with Parkes, Sykes, and Verm? Kawasaki is putting some investment into racing. Hopefully it turns into some podiums, although I'm not holding my breath.
Well Parkes should not be there, in my opinion. I'm at least hoping for both riders to place in the top 10 next season.

·
Registered
844 Posts
hell jamie hacking did better his wildcard ride than any one else.he even bumped parks off the track.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
hell jamie hacking did better his wildcard ride than any one else.he even bumped parks off the track.
True and not true, he was fast at Miller, but very eratic, he was taking way more chances than anybody out there, trying to impress. The next two wild card rides he was way slow and at the back of the pack. Shez impressed me more with his wild card rides this year.

·
Registered
844 Posts
eratic hell,plain sloppy-but not in the back.yea,he did suck after that.point being i think he can do better than what's there if he chills.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I would have thought they would have promoted Joan Lascorz, he is a better rider than any of the others IMHO. I like his aggressive style, and he works the shite out of the bike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I would have thought they would have promoted Joan Lascorz, he is a better rider than any of the others IMHO. I like his aggressive style, and he works the shite out of the bike.
He is riding the hell outa that 6R, he has been so close to winning, more than one time this year.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
He is riding the hell outa that 6R, he has been so close to winning, more than one time this year.
yea, he is the best rep for kawi in the world right now

·
Registered
765 Posts
Them guys r definitely subspect Jammie did do better as a wildcard... But i hope they repersent n make Kawi look good cuz no one has done so since EBoz on ZX7R !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts