Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to the listed bike weight and the weight is 423 for non abs model zx-6r. ZX-1OR weight is 440 for non abs model. So if a guy leaves his 10r in low mode he would have a 636. So if the weights are almost the same then whats the point of going 636?:dontknow:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
freedom of choice? price?
:dontknow:

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Even though they are close to the same weight; the biggest advantage performance wise for the 636 is prolly the handling. It may be more "flickable". One would only assume.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
What coffee did you get in 07? I don't see it listed. You fail.
I was doing decaf soy and was too embarrased to bring that up.
Its a dark past. (well dark roast anyways)

:sad:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Even though they are close to the same weight; the biggest advantage performance wise for the 636 is prolly the handling. It may be more "flickable". One would only assume.
:iamwithst Yeah, mostly this reason. The static weight is only one aspect in comparing the two models. The gyroscopic effect of the lighter crank and overall engine mass has more to do with the smaller bike's handling in this area.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great answers. Price, insurance, easier to flick. Thanks. Now go eat leftover turkey. It's always better the next day.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
:iamwithst Yeah, mostly this reason. The static weight is only one aspect in comparing the two models. The gyroscopic effect of the lighter crank and overall engine mass has more to do with the smaller bike's handling in this area.
Yeah those pesky 600 jockeys pass me mid-corner continually on the track. Then again I suck. :lol:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
That's what I thought.
How a Magazing on a motorcycle forum talking about 636 ends up with talking about Starbucks seriously baffles me.
:dontknow:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
How about vettel can become the 3rd 3 time in a row F1 champion in the history of F1.
Ill answer that, he can and he will. Go Seb! :thumbsup: Im a Webber fan (he's an old guy and us OG's have to stick together) but I do like Vettel alot too.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So I go to the listed bike weight and the weight is 423 for non abs model zx-6r. ZX-1OR weight is 440 for non abs model. So if a guy leaves his 10r in low mode he would have a 636. So if the weights are almost the same then whats the point of going 636?:dontknow:
I took off my TI headers and added extensions and Steel Headers on my 1st Gen...with about a pound or so in weight for fuel it only weighed 405lbs :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I took off my TI headers and added extensions and Steel Headers on my 1st Gen...with about a pound or so in weight for fuel it only weighed 405lbs :mrgreen:
:thumbsup: and with way more power, I had a 636 and it felt like I was riding a moped unless you are wide open.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts