Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, trying to sort out whats the deal with the over rev feature with the kit ecu's....

I dont have the kit ecu race manual for 06-07 so I dont know how much more rpms they can turn but i thought I saw somewhere it was 1000 more rpms....

I have the 04-05 race ecu manual and it says on the 04's there is no adjustment... on the 05's there is a -1000 to +700rpm limiter...

my thoughts are maybe the 04 does have a extended rev limiter but there isnt an option to choose it so waiting on my cable to come in to check it out....

Anyone able to confirm the rpms???

p.s. found out today my #2 cyl had 140psi of compression and 40% leakdown... so wont be able to expirement till shes back to how she used to be.... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Hey all, trying to sort out whats the deal with the over rev feature with the kit ecu's....

I dont have the kit ecu race manual for 06-07 so I dont know how much more rpms they can turn but i thought I saw somewhere it was 1000 more rpms....

I have the 04-05 race ecu manual and it says on the 04's there is no adjustment... on the 05's there is a -1000 to +700rpm limiter...

my thoughts are maybe the 04 does have a extended rev limiter but there isnt an option to choose it so waiting on my cable to come in to check it out....

Anyone able to confirm the rpms???

p.s. found out today my #2 cyl had 140psi of compression and 40% leakdown... so wont be able to expirement till shes back to how she used to be.... :rolleyes:
Is the air coming by the intake, exhaust or rings?

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was leaking threw the exhaust a bit.... my head is coming off soon anyways to get some serious head work done but some was coming out of the crack case breather as well... really gotta open her up to find out whats the deal....

valves were just adjusted not to long ago to perfect specs and double triple checked lol.... so she should be good there....

Ya know the thing that I really noticed was actually during racing when i goto full throttle in 2nd the front end lifts around 9-10k.... doesnt want to anymore...

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
it was leaking threw the exhaust a bit.... my head is coming off soon anyways to get some serious head work done but some was coming out of the crack case breather as well... really gotta open her up to find out whats the deal....

valves were just adjusted not to long ago to perfect specs and double triple checked lol.... so she should be good there....

Ya know the thing that I really noticed was actually during racing when i goto full throttle in 2nd the front end lifts around 9-10k.... doesnt want to anymore...
Thats the problem with 40% leakdown. Close up one hole to find another leaking bad. Did you notice any bubbles in the radiator while blowing the air in?

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt look in the radiator at all actually.... I'd imagine if it were a head gasket that the oil would be a little soupy as well to though???

I can check once more before I tear it apart though.... one other thing is that I checked compression prob a lil less then a year ago and it was all around 220-230psi....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Garth,

I think it's only another 600 rpm, but will confirm from the manual when I get home tonight.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is whats in the race manual for the 04-05.....

I think the 04 race ecu cannot be over revved but I dont know for sure...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Garth,

Just had a look in the manual, which covers the 06 : rev limit is adjustable in the range - 1000 to + 1200.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
825 Posts
My manual also covers the 08 : adjustable from - 1000 to + 1000.

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts