Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Yikes- I had a sideplate come loose on an Arai helmet at over 130mph with a passenger on board.

Well , the plate has a fat piece of monofiliment type palstic to keep it attatched when changing shields. (older signet)

That thing yanked my helmet and head to the right big time, I overcame it but the thing was flapping wildly against my helmet as slowed, then it just let go thankfully.

Had to replace the plate but was glad it finally let go- that was freaky and could have been real bad.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
at least she leaves a good message...

I stress the importance of wearing full gear to each and every person I ride with, talk to, or even who happens to read my story. I believe that my experiences are a lesson to every type of rider or passenger. I would never wish the pain I felt and still feel today upon anyone in this world. It is completely avoidable with a few extra layers, and I can’t say it enough: it is undeniably worth it to gear up. Everything I have gone through this past year will not be in vain if my testimony is enough to save someone’s skin.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Such a shame, cute girl or not. I see peeps ridin' all the time in shorts, flip flops, and a flappin' t-shirt in the wind. Heck sometimes their helmet isn't even strapped. Usually makes me cringe.... :headshake

D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
BigDally said:
Such a shame, cute girl or not. I see peeps ridin' all the time in shorts, flip flops, and a flappin' t-shirt in the wind. Heck sometimes their helmet isn't even strapped. Usually makes me cringe.... :headshake

D
:hitit:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
dude she is tuff as hell after all that she still rides 2 months in the hospital. i dunno about you guys but i dont know if i could handle that. i borke my leg last year and barley could handle wearing a cast.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts