Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advise. I have installed a full Evo 2, BMC street filter, 520 conv. with -1 and 3+ (going back to stock in the rear when sprocket arrives), PC3, Ivans TRE and block off plates along with his Map (Ivan is the Man by the way), Oh I almost forgot the chrome wheels that are guaranteed to add 25 VISUAL horsepower. I am thinking about Factory Pros V-stacks and BMC race filter. I called Factory pro and they are out of the race filters but still have the stacks in stock.So this brings me to my question, How much difference in the race filter compared to the street filter? and What can I expect with the Stacks on my current combo? By the way Indy super bikes has 1 heck of a deal on Titanium EVO 2's right now.
Thanks for yalls help

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
what are you trying to accomplish?

it seems like you should be pretty happy with your bike already.

how about some suspension work?

That way you can use the power you have, unless you are a roll-on king...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont get me wrong I love my bike just the way it is, And the truth of the matter is I will never use the bike to its full potential. But I am a old man with a back ground in drag racing.......................No I dont drag my bike.......................very often. I just want to maximize the performance of the engine with bolt ons only.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bluebyyouz said:
Looking for some advise. I have installed a full Evo 2, BMC street filter, 520 conv. with -1 and 3+ (going back to stock in the rear when sprocket arrives), PC3, Ivans TRE and block off plates along with his Map (Ivan is the Man by the way), Oh I almost forgot the chrome wheels that are guaranteed to add 25 VISUAL horsepower. I am thinking about Factory Pros V-stacks and BMC race filter. I called Factory pro and they are out of the race filters but still have the stacks in stock.So this brings me to my question, How much difference in the race filter compared to the street filter? and What can I expect with the Stacks on my current combo? By the way Indy super bikes has 1 heck of a deal on Titanium EVO 2's right now.
Thanks for yalls help
When you put on the race filter, the bike will run like crap until you get it mapped.

When I had my airbox apart, it already had stacks, two long ones in the middle and two short ones on the sides. Is that what they all have or is there something specific you are trying to accomplish?...

jack

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
bluebyyouz said:
Thanks for yalls help
Why you going back to stock on the rear?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Velocity stacks will definitely give you an increase in hp, but you will need to tune the bike on a local dyno to get them right. No map in a box from ANYONE will give you the real horsepower available. Same applies for the air filter. Personally the only real advantage to the filter for me was that it was rewashable. No hp gains on a dyno before or after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts