Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at buying a dynojet quick shifter (gp shifting) for the strip. what are some things i should be aware about such as settings, installation, personal preferences and so on?

hey ruthless, so you recommend it?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tt

·
Registered
519 Posts
do it I did and i love it and some other members have also

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i imagine your 1/4 times change greatly? dont have to worry about clutching, missing gears and so on.
tank, how was your times before and after?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Very interested in this mod myself. Keep posting opinions peeps.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Great mod but it's not going to decrease your e.t. substantially unless you can't shift worth a damn to begin with. it will make your runs more consistant. at this point I can't even remember what kill time I had dialed into mine. the only issue I had was initially I had set it to engage (come on) at around 6000 and occasionally on the street I would bump the shifter accidently and it would cut out to simulate a shift. I then changed it to not come on til about 10,500 and I never had another issue. It's the next best thing to an air shifter except you never have to worry about filling the air tank.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can going ahead and manually shift wo disrupting anything once installed right?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Great mod but it's not going to decrease your e.t. substantially unless you can't shift worth a damn to begin with. it will make your runs more consistant. at this point I can't even remember what kill time I had dialed into mine. the only issue I had was initially I had set it to engage (come on) at around 6000 and occasionally on the street I would bump the shifter accidently and it would cut out to simulate a shift. I then changed it to not come on til about 10,500 and I never had another issue. It's the next best thing to an air shifter except you never have to worry about filling the air tank.
:+1: for not really helping et times. Maybe a bit more consistency, but that’s bout it.

But if you really got some cheese, I would look into Pingel Electric Shifters. The absolute ultimate push button shifter period in my opinion.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:+1: for not really helping et times. Maybe a bit more consistency, but that’s bout it.

But if you really got some cheese, I would look into Pingel Electric Shifters. The absolute ultimate push button shifter period in my opinion.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
whats the difference in all these shifters; air shifter, quick shifter, and the elec shifter? what are the flaws w the dj quickshifter?

whoa $800 for the pingel?! wtf

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats all he said. nothing else? i dont understamd, yea it clutches for yo right, but wheres the prob?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
racing is hard on clutches in general and I havent experienced any further damage to the clutch then normal wear because of the dj quickshifter. You figure with drag racing or road racing you are going to need new clutches fairly frequently anyhow. I got a good 2 years with mine stock clutch and quickshifter.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mps eh, how much did you pay all together $150 for the shifter then $15 for the harness?
how long did it take you to install on the ten?
also, you should really repost that in the how-to section or something. these guys could use your knowledge and know how because i was never aware of mps myself!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts