Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that its almost a rule to get a power commander with a full system, but i was wondering how important it is with just a slip on. i have an 07 and i want to get the HP corse, which goes from the dual underseat mufflers to one on the side. I still might get a P/C anyway, im just wonderign if it's necessary if i find out i dont have the funds

any thoughts would be great

·
Banned
54 Posts
i have stock exhaust with everything else air filter, sprokets, jumper mod and power commander. if you get a custom map it is best but just a map off the web site with the exhaust that you have done with give you more power and better throttle repsonse. i couldnt believe how much different it was. i gain 22 hp and 32 ft lbs of torque

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
i have stock exhaust with everything else air filter, sprokets, jumper mod and power commander. if you get a custom map it is best but just a map off the web site with the exhaust that you have done with give you more power and better throttle repsonse. i couldnt believe how much different it was. i gain 22 hp and 32 ft lbs of torque
From a PC. HA:bs:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
From a PC. HA:bs:

Yeah, I think nasty is the Next Nemo on this forum or is 13yrs old...it's getting close to that time too.................

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah you could get by with a slip on without the PC.But I wouldn't, it's one of the best mods for the bike.
Bonus it's the most fun to play with!

·
Banned
54 Posts
with the custom map from being dyno tuned that is what i gained yall need to learn how to read. you can t get those number without a dyno tune.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
with the custom map from being dyno tuned that is what i gained yall need to learn how to read. you can t get those number without a dyno tune.

I think you need to go back to gixxer.com or wherever you came from the members here not only know how to read but are very smart and can also smell :bs: and a troll. :heyyou:

PS..you got nine lives on this site I think your almost out. :wink:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
with the custom map from being dyno tuned that is what i gained yall need to learn how to read. you can't get those number without a dyno tune.
and i'll guarandamntee ya you won't without the assistance of the dyno operator jackin with the #'s either. :headshake

hell guys installing 2 & 3mm big bore kits with head work, intake cam manage gains of 22hp and 20ft-lbs of torque so suffice to say your stuff ain't addin up.

BD

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
i would go with a pc and custom map. its not cheap in some area, but its a real good mod to do. it made my bike more fun to ride. can't really put it in words, but to me. it was worth the money.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do you NEED a PC with a slip on??? No. But in the end, I doubt you are going to leave your bike as it is. You'll probably be addin' more mods, and the more you do, the more out of wack your air/fuel management gets. I'd plan on getting one at one time or another. Adding a PC and a dyno tune will definitely make it run more crisp and more to the bike's full potential.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Do you NEED a PC with a slip on??? No. But in the end, I doubt you are going to leave your bike as it is. You'll probably be addin' more mods, and the more you do, the more out of wack your air/fuel management gets. I'd plan on getting one at one time or another. Adding a PC and a dyno tune will definitely make it run more crisp and more to the bike's full potential.
:+1:

·
Registered
240 Posts
WOW 22hp I am going to call Dynojet right now mine is not working right, have to spray to get 25hp... S%$%^&#& my bike must be wrong, I even have a wideband and is running 13.3 a/f mix, with onboard lcd to adjust the custom map on to go...

·
Registered
240 Posts
The jumper mod does not apply to the zx10r only to zx6r, aprilias and some yamahas.... but I guess he means nailing the trottle and jumping off...
Sorry for the previous comment but I had sportbikes for a very long time and 22hp on motor in modern bikes cost $$$$. :nana:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts