Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all ride liter bikes on here well most of us. I recently put on a power commander 5 and a k&n air filter i have noticed so much of a power gain that i am starting to think the bike realy does not need it. does anyone agree that the 1000 bikes already got with enough power for the average man

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
So we all ride liter bikes on here well most of us. I recently put on a power commander 5 and a k&n air filter i have noticed so much of a power gain that i am starting to think the bike realy does not need it. does anyone agree that the 1000 bikes already got with enough power for the average man
Kevin Schwantz was once quoted as saying that he couldn't even come close to riding the gixxer 1K to it's full potential..."on the street" more power is always nice but the first thing i do with my bikes is upgrade the brakes and suspension......the fukers are wicked fast out of the crate, i want mie to stop faster and handle/ride better. but then again i always seem to slap an exhaust on first thing after i get it so there goes my theory.:badteeth:

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
YES! all this bike, the g4, needs is a slip on and the fe. It's totally awesome and has no use for anything else! Now approaching 26,000 miles of twists on my g4. The ONLY possible additional mod MIGHT be adding one or two the rear sprocket if the twist loop of choice needs it. I'm kinda thinking of 46 on the back because I have a few 180 twists that are so tight that if I have the slightest throttle error, I'm too low in the power band to hit the exit perfect.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Mo' powa, mo' powa, mo' powa!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts

Between you and your scared friend that does sweet jumps, I'm going to suggest this...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Slip on pcv BMC filter rear sprocket so far. To much is just right for me.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Home is where you make it, "you like to see ****'s naked?, yeah that's cool man" the point is I suppose it's whatever the rider prefers. If you havnt seen Joe Dirt you won't get it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Home is where you make it, "you like to see ****'s naked?, yeah that's cool man" the point is I suppose it's whatever the rider prefers. If you havnt seen Joe Dirt you won't get it.
BAHAHAHAHAHA! A coworker and i were literally just quoting this movie not even 30min ago!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Too much? Ive never heard of such nonsense in all my life. lol.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
I think bolt ons should always be done, that's just cause I can't leave anything alone but to a degree, yes they are fast enough....till your buddy beats you, then the obsessive madness starts lol
For me, its my little brother lol I gotta always make sure I'm in front or ill never hear the. End of it

·
Registered
926 Posts
There is no such thing as 'too much of a good thing' A.K.A. pussy, titties, HP, and beer...

Maybe it's just my life's motto, but I'm willing to bet a few people agree ;)

·
Registered
926 Posts
and yes, in THAT order ;)

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
There is no such thing as 'too much of a good thing' A.K.A. pussy, titties, HP, and beer...

:+1:...................:lol:...I concur!!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I think bolt ons should always be done, that's just cause I can't leave anything alone but to a degree, yes they are fast enough....till your buddy beats you, then the obsessive madness starts lol
For me, its my little brother lol I gotta always make sure I'm in front or ill never hear the. End of it
Its not even till my buddy beats that my obsessiveness kicks in! If I see something faster, I have to top it. Always mo' powa!

Agreed. Not quite sure if I agree with that order, but thats an excellent list.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I think the best way to think about about the holy trinity of bolt-ons(air filter, exhaust and fuel controller) is how smooth do you want your engine power delivery? The air filter doesn't do much IMO but it's nice that it's reusable. The air filter and exhaust increase air flow by 1 of 2 way or both, smoother bends or larger piping. Smoother air is more consistant, allowing for a more accurate AFR.

Is it worth it? Well I guess that depends on what your budget is and how long to you plan to keep the bike?

People always think "what does my bike need to be faster?" when the correct question is "what do I need to be faster?"

Power is something that I rarely crave on track. Things that come in contact with the ground are far more important to progression, tires, suspension, brakes, chassis geometry. These items are always more expensive than engine mods if your going big, but little changes can be made for a massive difference and usually under $200 if you can do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts