Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Looking for some info. I recently took my bike to the shop and had them do a service, tires, & an air filter. My bike is now sounding like it is getting way to much air and does not have the power it once had. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hello everyone. Looking for some info. I recently took my bike to the shop and had them do a service, tires, & an air filter. My bike is now sounding like it is getting way to much air and does not have the power it once had. Any ideas?
Did you replace the filter with another stock one or aftermarket. You may have to check to make sure they put all the lines back in their proper place. Did they get the airbox back together properly no leaks. I would take it back and tell them its not running right and let them figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it all apart and put it back together. It seemed ok but was missing a screw for the box. It sounds like it has a cheap cold air intake off of a shitty Honda prelude on it. Lol. The filter was replaced with a stock one. The bike is completely stock. It seems to be running a little better but idk. I'm kinda worried about the oil they put in it too. Looking for suggestions about synthetic or not?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I took it all apart and put it back together. It seemed ok but was missing a screw for the box. It sounds like it has a cheap cold air intake off of a shitty Honda prelude on it. Lol. The filter was replaced with a stock one. The bike is completely stock. It seems to be running a little better but idk. I'm kinda worried about the oil they put in it too. Looking for suggestions about synthetic or not?
Your bike should be fine with synthetic. I put a thousand miles on mine and then switched to synthetic. I don't think I would use that dealer again especially since they don't seem to pay attention to details when working on bikes. For example why would they put your airbox together and not replace the screw that's missing shoddy work imho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts