Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the delima:
I have the Hindle I took off my old 636 and will be placing it on the ZX-10R this week. All I need is the midpipe for the ZX10. I've spoken with Lee hindle and he said the high mount is a loss of 1hp and a gain of 8oz. I'm fine with the power that this bike makes.
I want to eliminate the passenger pegs which a high mount would do for only the $20 more that the mid-pipe costs. If I get a low mount I'll need to order some bracket at a rediculous price of $85-$110.

I'm over the high mount phase and dont want to worry about my feet hitting the midpipe; although I do want some new boots! I like the pics I've seen of high mounts on the zx10. I opted for the round can to mimic the Sato which it does nicely, I'm wondering if the low mount round will look to small on the zx10? I can't get any clear pictures of it.

Also, the can has a black band from the rubber band when it was a low mount that WILL NOT polish off...anyone have any ideas on how to clean it without mamking the whole pipe shine? If I cant clean it then a low mount would look better.

·
Registered
177 Posts
last weekend i just installed the hindle high-mount on my baby blue, maybe just 10 miles ridden since, here's what i've noticed...
definate loss of weight...
little deeper/throatier tone...
a tad more guts/torque down low... (tad = barely noticeable which could just be me)

overall, i'm very impressed, looks fantastic & expensive, no passenger pegs is nice, but does have relocators for the occasional wife-whinning.
unfortunately if you have anything over a size 10 shoe, your heel will touch the mid-pipe, so i strongly advise riveting the heatshield on the mid unless you want your right shoe/boot heel to look like it has horns.
oh yea, need aftermarket rear blinkies too! (which of course demands a tail-eliminator)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I got the Devil hight mount,the mid pipe is farther back than the Hindle.More room for your feet.My friend has the Hindle on his R1,and it is real close to the foot peg.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ended up getting the low mount. I looked and looked at the sato and it just looked better (IMO) than a high mount. I have the round 20" Hindle can and peeled off the sticker so you can't tell it is not a sato. I came very close to ordering the full headers but opted for a slip-on, as right now I do not plan on a PCIII. The price was $140 or $420....the choice was easy and I can always get the full system later once I get a PCIII. I made the dealer call parts unlimited to make sure it was in stock and not back ordered for 3 months as I've heard many Hindle parts are. I was in luck and they had 1 remaining Ti midpipe and its on its way to me. At the same time I ordered the 16T coutershaft sprocket for the Z1000.
*The hindle dropped 9lbs off of my 636's with a slip-on. I did the old take them both to the grocery store and use the produce scales...embarassing, but it works!

Next up is an exhaust hanger and speedo healer (ordering tomorrow). Can't decide between the sato and muzzy. I used an LP on the 636 and it forced the pipe up; I think it was designed for an oval pipe which would have mounted 1/2" higher. Leaning towards sato since its designed for a round pipe.

I have already integrated my tail lights/turn signals:
http://www.motorcycle-nerd.com/ZedX10R.html

·
Banned
125 Posts
smittyzx10r said:
I got the Devil hight mount,the mid pipe is farther back than the Hindle.More room for your feet.My friend has the Hindle on his R1,and it is real close to the foot peg.
I also run the Devil Racing Shotgun slip-on pipe . I have a ton of foot room like smittyzx10r also mentioned .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts