Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to Laguna Seca for the GP and AMA event. I have been planning this event for six months and this will be my first GP and AMA race and I'm really looking forward to it. I have my tickets and travel plans which included arriving on Tuesday and riding around California for three days then spending the remainder of the time at the track. I'll be spending about $1500 on the trip and that could go a long way if I decide to puss out. Is it worth it with all the fires that are burning around that area? Come on Cali guys post up, I'm really thinking about backing out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
...to Laguna Seca for the GP and AMA event. I have been planning this event for six months and this will be my first GP and AMA race and I'm really looking forward to it. I have my tickets and travel plans which included arriving on Tuesday and riding around California for three days then spending the remainder of the time at the track. I'll be spending about $1500 on the trip and that could go a long way if I decide to puss out. Is it worth it with all the fires that are burning around that area? Come on Cali guys post up, I'm really thinking about backing out.
I'll be going. I've been going for the last three years. The first year I went, I said I would never go back, because of the traffic situtation. But They have some what fixed the traffic issues and I just keep on going back. It is so much damn fun. As far as the fires, I work in San Jose area and as of now the air and skies are getting much better as we have a nice steady breeze coming in from the coast. And thing will get better as race day comes. So I say go for it.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
DO IT, unfortunately for me I cant unless you give me your tickets:mrgreen: how far south are you planning on traveling?? i am just north of san diego so if you make it down this far hit me up for a place to crash or to learn where all the roads you hear about are.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DO IT, unfortunately for me I cant unless you give me your tickets:mrgreen: how far south are you planning on traveling?? i am just north of san diego so if you make it down this far hit me up for a place to crash or to learn where all the roads you hear about are.
I haven't been to Cally since I was a kid so I'm not sure how far south we were planning on coming but I know that we would be staying in the Big Sur area and riding around there but right now I'm looking for plan "B".

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Yep the traffic used to be horrific. But it improved alot last year.

There's always fires raging in Cali, don't let that deter you. The GP riders are amazing the way they handle their bikes and you really shouldn't miss it. They have to be seen to believe, the tv doesn't show you how great they really are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2 things you have to see before you die......

1) NHRA top fuel dragsters and
2) MotoGP

You will not be disappointed. There is nothing I mean nothing that compares to hearing a MotoGP bike go by in person. I have been to all the Laguna MotoGP events and still get goosebumps everytime I hear those bikes. Now get on your bike and get to Cali damn it!!

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
DO IT im goin with a few guys and norcal is smokey as fuck everywhere. You wont regret it, plus the fires in big sur will only be there for a few more weeks.........LOL

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Go!
I went the innagural year and the memories are still with me today, you just cant describe it to someone, the sound, the smells, the speed.
That traffic trying to get out was ca-razy. My girl had to pee and it took like 4 hours or something ridiculous to get out, she was turning blue!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I wish I could go. Nothing cool every happens in NY:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
2 things you have to see before you die......

1) NHRA top fuel dragsters and
2) MotoGP

You will not be disappointed. There is nothing I mean nothing that compares to hearing a MotoGP bike go by in person. I have been to all the Laguna MotoGP events and still get goosebumps everytime I hear those bikes. Now get on your bike and get to Cali damn it!!
well i have #1 on the list done, this year doesnt look good for me going to see motogp.... :sad:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darn!!!

Thanks guys for all the input. The bad news is that we decided not to go. One of my friends flew out there and was giving us some scouting reports and we decided that it wouldn't be worth it to come out early for the riding with all the smoke and ash. As a result we decided that the 18hrs of travel and the expense wasn't worth it for 3 days at the track. I'm totally bummed but we decided to reschedule the trip for the AMA finale in September which could be interesting with all the proposed DMG changes. Have fun to all that are going I'm totally jealous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts