Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys , Im new here ..

To get a long story short ..

A mate emails me telling me they have a 7R at the Kia dealership just standing under the cover .. i asked if it was indeed a a 7R and not an older ZXR , and he confirmed that it was a 7R ..

Anyways i went down to go have a peek at it seeing as im in the market for something abit different .

I got to the bike , pulled off the cover and behold the RR's on the tailpiece glared at me .

Uh the bike is so sexy , the green and purple and white , those bulky ram intakes .. even the damn stock zorst looks sexy!

Now here is the problem , i have a gf who really cant stay off my bikes and as you all know the 7RR is really a_single_seater .

I would be a crime to bolt a 7r subframe and rear end on , wouldnt it ?

Another thing , Would there be a noticable difference between the 7r and the RR , riding around the street and twisties ?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Key word- GIRLFRIEND, If you want this bike that bad then she needs to squat on her own bike or get lost, :cool:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
:+1: on the getting her own bike or if you can swing it getting another bike for 2-up rides. I wouldn't buy the bike then go through the trouble of swapping subframes or whatever.

As for the difference on the street, the only real difference you might notice is the taller 1st gear. It never really bothered me and you can always lower the gearing if it's still stock.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
:dontknow:So the seller does not know the difference, and thinks its just a 7R

Not that I am sure there is a real market for rare 90's japanese sportbikes in the collector market just yet, that would be a bike I would want to buy and hang on to, and if you have ideas about modding it, keep all the stock parts just in case.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
you have a g/f who rides and it's a problem she wants to ride your bike?

I wish I had those problems

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
:dontknow:So the seller does not know the difference, and thinks its just a 7R

Not that I am sure there is a real market for rare 90's japanese sportbikes in the collector market just yet, that would be a bike I would want to buy and hang on to, and if you have ideas about modding it, keep all the stock parts just in case.
:iamwithst And get the g/f her own bike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the RR was loaded with trick bits, unlike special edditions today. very cool bike. I would not bother with the two up change over but it is possible. the trans is wide ratio and is a little wierd at first also the flat slides jetting was not the best on the low end, but is fixable. just as a side note the tank is aluminum not an issue just cool. buy it the girl will understand!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would doubt its still for sale, judging by the date of this thread (dates of threads are at the top, under the cob webs):heyyou:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
i would doubt its still for sale, judging by the date of this thread (dates of threads are at the top, under the cob webs):heyyou:
:+1:

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I looked for a RR for years..I've found 2 in the last few years on the web:

Last POS 7RR went on egay for $5800....on a 1-10 cosmetic scale the bike was about a 4.5.....there was a big dent in the gas tank.

The 2nd one had 571 miles on it...it sold for just a tad under $10k

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a RR as my first REAL track bike. Bought it from a local race team after they used it for one race weekend...

I MISS that bike SO MUCH.. i wadded her up at Road Atlanta when I was 15... Sad day in deed. I've been looking for a deal on once ever since...

bottom line.. if you mod it to fit a passenger... you may regret it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wonder what did you do... If you get an RR it should be under the 1500 Homulation QTY only 1500 had to made worldwide to make them Raceable in WSB and AMA. So the real releases as far as I know were 1991 and 1996. the first being the Scott Russell Replica and the later Doug Chandler...
If you get on in decent condition Keep it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new to the ZX-10r page and the comment about keeping it if you have a ZX7RR is exactly what Im doing even though at lest once a week my partner gives me grief about why dont I sell my 96 ZX7RR, as afr as she is concerned because I dont ride her anymore it should be sold!
She gets every week the same reply "Not happening":lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts