Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Newer member, but been reading around for a while, and also on many other forums and not new to bikes

I recently picked up a 04 zx10 clean title with a blown motor, but already had full brocks exhaust, extended swing arm, two Power Commanders

I was looking around and i have found a Built motor, from a member , and also a supercharger, also from a member

I got the bike at a very good price, Under $1000 , and with a clean title.

I have been debating, picking up the motor and supercharger and making a build this winter

I figure with the money i would be into this bike i would be in this bike for fair market value and still with a built, motor and supercharger.

Any advice, Suggestions???? Anything on maybe what i should know or do.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am actually picking up motor from 880turbo on saturday, but i am not going with supercharger since of the build on the motor

swing arm are just extension blocks,

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
yep mike is awesome and that motor does make great power. he is helping me with my turbo build this winter. one of the nices guys ever and yes he is a badass builder

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up motor today..mike was very nice and helpful... Looking forward to starting the project.. The whole bike is in pieces

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Would like to see that on the 1/4 mile (with the blower). Sounds like it was originally purpose built for the strip.
Post some pics of the build bro!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had built I system last year, via the Rotrex charger. The power really was only at WOT, the power used to run the SC took away some of the liveliness of a stock motor. I was looking for instant power like a built motor.

Since doing both, I prefer the built motor...only cause of the types of driving I do....dedicated to drag racing or highway blasting the SC is the way to go.

Both projects ran about the same $$ so it's a matter of what you like/want.

If I could find a Clutched pulley system for the SC, i'd do both in an instant....then you have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I had built I system last year, via the Rotrex charger. The power really was only at WOT, the power used to run the SC took away some of the liveliness of a stock motor. I was looking for instant power like a built motor.

Since doing both, I prefer the built motor...only cause of the types of driving I do....dedicated to drag racing or highway blasting the SC is the way to go.

Both projects ran about the same $$ so it's a matter of what you like/want.

If I could find a Clutched pulley system for the SC, i'd do both in an instant....then you have the best of both worlds.
Look up older sc'ed mr2s, they had clutched pulleys on their superchargers.

I am going to try to go with a turbo set up for my 10r, going to sell the motor I have now, cause it runs too good to be taken apart (150mph+ in a 1/4 mile).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts