Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
Don't take offense to this but for a person who writes up a thread about ethics, you seem to brag a lot in some of your posts. That can bring down a person's morale and can be very discouraging to others who may not be as fortunate as you are. Sadly, I don't even think you realize it. Also, some of your posts are unrealistic and I question the legitimacy of it (i.e. brainstorming your thoughts together and writing up this thread in 3mins; it takes 3mins just to type it all out, never mind thinking about it.). Kinda fishy to me. You seem like a cool, down to earth guy, please don't take this personally, it's just IMHO.

Anyhow, despite all the recent mishaps and what have you, this forum is still hands down the best forum on the net! I've been on other forums and this one is tamed compared to others. While I haven't been here long, it's nothing new to this site or any other forum for that matter. It's a never ending cycle you, me or anyone else can stop. Granted, it's cool that you pour out your thoughts and give everyone a reminder but people will forget.

This is the internet and ethics is pretty much out the window, anything goes and chit happens!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I agree with you RKwak.. but you know what's funny?

What you stated in your epic post (ha ha!) basically boils down to this: Don't forget what yer mama taught you! Or for those who grew up w/o mom (me included.. ha ha!) the Golden Rule, "Do unto others... "

The real question we all have to ponder is, Why did a member have to point out the obvious to us all when we're all deserving of respect and an opportunity to learn?

...ya bunch of numb-nuts..

ha ha!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Wow agreed

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Nice.....I think I will make this a Sticky for awhile. :wink:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It's so easy to get carried away with Forums, I really have had some great times posting and getting to know some of the forum members here. I have also dragged some of my personnel baggage into here and have vented in all the wrong ways.

I still hang out and try to contribute to questions, but there are so many knowledgeable people here that I just end up saying to my self "Yup thats the correct answer"

My personnel downfall was treating this forum as a playground. I would post all my new toys, my best times, brag about racing and such. And when I did not get positive feedback immediately I would get depressed and sound off.

I learned alot about myself on the Internets, and now enjoy it for what it is.

A place to exchange tech info and swap words and cool stories with folks with similar interests. (not a place to brag or belittle other folks)

I still have my 04 ZX10R and plan to ride it soon(its been awhile)

Chris

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It's so easy to get carried away with Forums, I really have had some great times posting and getting to know some of the forum members here. I have also dragged some of my personnel baggage into here and have vented in all the wrong ways.

I still hang out and try to contribute to questions, but there are so many knowledgeable people here that I just end up saying to my self "Yup thats the correct answer"

My personnel downfall was treating this forum as a playground. I would post all my new toys, my best times, brag about racing and such. And when I did not get positive feedback immediately I would get depressed and sound off.

I learned alot about myself on the Internets, and now enjoy it for what it is.

A place to exchange tech info and swap words and cool stories with folks with similar interests. (not a place to brag or belittle other folks)

I still have my 04 ZX10R and plan to ride it soon(its been awhile)

Chris
Hows it going Chris? I know what you mean after awhile it's like what for and why :badteeth:

For you newbies Chris is a loong time member in fact we meet at Laguna GP races years ago hiding under the bleachers having a smoke break. I had my ZX10R T-shirt on he said he was a member but didn't post much I didn't even reconize his username he told me back then. I wasn't even a MOD back then. Well he sure did post after that. :lol:

I have meet many members on this site and so have many others. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hows it going Chris? I know what you mean after awhile it's like what for and why :badteeth:

For you newbies Chris is a loong time member in fact we meet at Laguna GP races years ago hiding under the bleachers having a smoke break. I had my ZX10R T-shirt on he said he was a member but didn't post much I didn't even reconize his username he told me back then. I wasn't even a MOD back then. Well he sure did post after that. :lol:

I have meet many members on this site and so have many others. :thumbsup:
That was a great year for MotoGP and Nicky for sure, I am so Glad I was there to see it in person. It was cool to meet you.

Carry on...my friend.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Don't take offense to this but for a person who writes up a thread about ethics, you seem to brag a lot in some of your posts. That can bring down a person's morale and can be very discouraging to others who may not be as fortunate as you are. Sadly, I don't even think you realize it. Also, some of your posts are unrealistic and I question the legitimacy of it (i.e. brainstorming your thoughts together and writing up this thread in 3mins; it takes 3mins just to type it all out, never mind thinking about it.). Kinda fishy to me. You seem like a cool, down to earth guy, please don't take this personally, it's just IMHO.

Anyhow, despite all the recent mishaps and what have you, this forum is still hands down the best forum on the net! I've been on other forums and this one is tamed compared to others. While I haven't been here long, it's nothing new to this site or any other forum for that matter. It's a never ending cycle you, me or anyone else can stop. Granted, it's cool that you pour out your thoughts and give everyone a reminder but people will forget.

This is the internet and ethics is pretty much out the window, anything goes and chit happens!

Interesting post, now for my comments - themightymezzo made a good point so I removed my comments, thank you.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Also don't turn this thread into a personality dispute. Just brush it off and keep the good vibe going. If more people would stop for a second and think their response before posting it, it would be a better place with less bickering.

Let's not give a mod the need to lock this thread due to going off topic. Just my .02 as usual.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Also don't turn this thread into a personality dispute. Just brush it off and keep the good vibe going. If more people would stop for a second and think their response before posing it, it would be a better place with less bickering.

Let's not give a mod the need to lock this thread due to going off topic. Just my .02 as usual.
Well stated and post edited.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just like you're going to get me my Ohlins right? :wink:

Also glad you liked my sig.
Sarcasm is a beautiful thing isn't it?

I had another thought in the middle of the night last night regarding these issues as I believe that there are times when our behaviour keeps female members away out of fear of being attacked. Red is cool as hell and has some thick skin but if you go back through old posts we used to have more female members. I believe that this is a group that has disappeared and we may not get back.
So I have one further thought - if a member mentions a wife/girlfriend or if there is a female member on here don't send him/her a pm asking for nudie pics (I have had this happed regarding my wife) - it is inappropriate.
I would make a wager that red has received these types of comments.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just follow the golden rule.

I'm just a newbie don't listen to me.

Maybe this thread will make people appreciate this place a little more and not just take advantage of it.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Just follow the golden rule.

I'm just a newbie don't listen to me.

Maybe this thread will make people appreciate this place a little more and not just take advantage of it.
Boredom has set in.

In my opinion a squid/newbie isn't defined by your post count, what makes you a squid is your behaviour while on a forum - we have 500+ post members that I would still call squids.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm a member of many forums, several for each bike brand I own. Several of you have noted the "purpose" of forums like this one...entertainment, chatting with fellow enthusiast, etc. One major reason I like these forums is to learn something. I'm 57, been riding over 43 years and I still learn new things from you young whipper-snappers! I've PM'd with a few of you to solve a problem or talk about a new mod.....in any event, that's what makes forums, in particular this one, so enjoyable. I say don't jump in anyone's S**T unless they post something that could be potentially dangerous. Even knowledgeable bikers can make an error about something, but that's for discussion, not flaming.

As for female members, I enjoy their input and sense of humour. No need to make off-color remarks or try to "push their buttons". I enjoy Red's posts and wish there were more ladies like her posting. Biking should know no gender.

Hope this thread makes members THINK before they respond. Luckily, the boneheads are the minority.

Everyone ride safe!

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
This has nothing to do w/ that exercise thread. That's not what I was referring to. Nowthat you brought that up, show me a vid. This being not your thing, to me it's an excuse. You have time to write down specifics about you workout, why not show a video clip using your cellphone and post it up? Your offer is also unrealistic, I would not go over there just to see you prove what you can do. It's kinda silly.

Anyhow, you should re-read some of your posts in this thread. You are blinded by your overindulgence of yourself. Being humble and meek is what I respect in a person; not highlighting one's importance or accolades. To me, you're not modest at it. That's what I see. Maybe it's just me.

Lastly, I will not go any further with this discussion out of respect for this thread and forum members as I have made my matter known. I'm only voicing my opinion and I know I will get heat for this. Again, nothing personal.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This has nothing to do w/ that exercise thread. That's not what I was referring to. Nowthat you brought that up, show me a vid. This being not your thing, to me it's an excuse. You have time to write down specifics about you workout, why not show a video clip using your cellphone and post it up? Your offer is also unrealistic, I would not go over there just to see you prove what you can do. It's kinda silly.

Anyhow, you should re-read some of your posts in this thread. You are blinded by your overindulgence of yourself. Being humble and meek is what I respect in a person; not highlighting one's importance or accolades. To me, you're not modest at it. That's what I see. Maybe it's just me.

Lastly, I will not go any further with this discussion out of respect for this thread and forum members as I have made my matter known. I'm only voicing my opinion and I know I will get heat for this. Again, nothing personal.
If you were to take a moment you would have seen that I removed all of my comments within minutes of posting them (the ones you mentioned above). If I am so self indulgent I would have left them there. Seems you chose not to let things be.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts