Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I checked with the factory and they told me they use the same RAL paint code as Kawasaki so that green is as good as it gets. They explained it's often just lighting, angle of the camera etc. You can give me a hands on review馃馃槃

Registered
18 zx10r
$1800...no shipping cost any color that your heart desires...of those I posted. They are solid or I wouldn't be talking to you. Plus very few people have them and the design is timeless.
How do I order?

REPOST Enforcement Mod
Love your enthusiasm man!
All you need as you stated.
As far as the green color. Its very hard to exactly match a powder coated finish to a base, clear coat finish but it's very close. Also different lighting affect the way they look in pictures. Personally I would bite the bullet and go with the Green. I love my gloss black but I have the Magma Red, Orange color on my bike. I will eventually try and match a color for my bike when I get the time where the green is very close for you. Make a statement man!
Ha! I'm more of a function over form type of guy and making a subtle statement is more my thing. Since the green color is as accurate as it can be, I'll sit on it for a day or so and mull it over. I like the green, but the gloss black would be the subtle, hidden statement that isn't noticeable until someone looked hard enough. I'd know the deal every time on the bike with the lower reciprocating mass of the wheels!

Gloss black...or Kawi green statement....UGH. I'm in for one set or the other! Even at that price, it's hard for me to hide that credit card bill from the wife if I got 2 sets! :unsure: o_O :ROFLMAO: Unless of course you're offering free return shipping on the "unused" set. Then I could order both and return the set after seeing it in person! 馃お:p:LOL:

Registered
Ha! I'm more of a function over form type of guy and making a subtle statement is more my thing. Since the green color is as accurate as it can be, I'll sit on it for a day or so and mull it over. I like the green, but the gloss black would be the subtle, hidden statement that isn't noticeable until someone looked hard enough. I'd know the deal every time on the bike with the lower reciprocating mass of the wheels!

Gloss black...or Kawi green statement....UGH. I'm in for one set or the other! Even at that price, it's hard for me to hide that credit card bill from the wife if I got 2 sets! :unsure: o_O :ROFLMAO: Unless of course you're offering free return shipping on the "unused" set. Then I could order both and return the set after seeing it in person! 馃お:p:LOL:
Hopefully the wheels come well balanced so there's less "reciprocating" mass. :p

REPOST Enforcement Mod
Hopefully the wheels come well balanced so there's less "reciprocating" mass. :p
Listen here 2wheelmike. I'm gonna lay some knowledge on ya to explain my engineering speakenzy.

I'm sure they're balanced real well. But, the lower weight of the wheels rotating around will ultimately translate into the higher reciprocating energy of the crankshaft and the pistons since the lighter wheels won't be robbing all that power. Plus, the wheels will provide lower reciprocating mass when transitioning between corners. Reciprocating back and forth from left to right will be reduced with these. So while you might surmise that I used an incorrect word in that post, I was actually trying to associate the net effect of the lower rotational mass of the lighter wheels into the observed reduction in reciprocating mass. There's no way I would confuse reciprocating and rotational mass as you try to imply with your response. That would just be stupid on my part. You obviously missed all that. :cool::geek:

Like how I spun that to my advantage? (<--- pun intended) ;)

Registered
Seems like an awesome deal and the wheels look great!

Just a comparison for people to show that those wheels are really light. I have a set of Dymag Carbon wheels on my gen 4 and my front wheel with spacers and ready to bolt on ( just like Davo posted) weighs exactly the same, 6lbs. My rear wheel came in at 9.8lbs which is only .1lb lighter. I bought my wheels second hand and still were more than these. If I didn't have my carbon wheels and had money to burn I'd be all over this!

Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
Man those wheels look nice but no lie, where the fuck are the metallic anodized look green ones? Not that kawi green isn't nice but there is something about having that extra depth and sparkle to catch the eye the metallic colors like the red have...think a nice green like that would be sick

Registered
Wonder how much weight is saved vs gen4 wheels.

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Registered
Seems like an awesome deal and the wheels look great!

Just a comparison for people to show that those wheels are really light. I have a set of Dymag Carbon wheels on my gen 4 and my front wheel with spacers and ready to bolt on ( just like Davo posted) weighs exactly the same, 6lbs. My rear wheel came in at 9.8lbs which is only .1lb lighter. I bought my wheels second hand and still were more than these. If I didn't have my carbon wheels and had money to burn I'd be all over this!
Impresive

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I dont want to quote some crazy numbers. We all know Carbon is the lightest but for they make me a little nervous durability wise. I'm not here to bad mouth any manufacturer though. I found a weights listed for the Gen 4 stock wheels from another member. You can compare to wheel in my previous pictures. I don't have a picture of our front with bearings and rotor carrier's. I will post the bare wheel and its in grams..6.144lbs. The rear ZX10R wheel 10.53lbs with spacers. It's hard to get apples to apples weights. Again they vary as some carrier's are larger depending on the bike and we use larger bearings. The weight at the hub has less gyro effect than the outer rim. Because of the strength of our aluminum we are able to machine them thinner without sacrificing strength. The stock wheels are cast aluminum so they just are not as strong. The stronger your wheel the quicker your turn in...and you get a more direct feel. If you want to save more you can cut the weight of the bearings by 60% using ceramic. You can also use Titanium hardware. I hate saying we are the best of this or that but for sure you will get an awesome light set of wheels that are incredibly strong.
TITAX Front Wheel weight (1).JPG
SPEED Rear.JPG
One of members has bought a set and we look forward to his review.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Here is the Gen 4 weight. Of course I cannot see exactly what was on the scale...spacers, sprocket carrier....They are getting lighter all the time. Some of the reasons to buy come down to the style and strength. To save 3 or 4 pounds doesn't sound like much to some. Pick up a 3 pound dumbell a try to spin it around in a circle as fast as you can. Then imagine the gyro effects of that at 100mph...it makes a huge difference. Also imagine taking 3 or more pounds off your suspension moving up and down over bumps at 100mph.
Screenshot_20210613-212638_Chrome.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Here are a couple of pictures with Rickey Gadson running the Red Titax Wheels. Looks good. I hope they bring him good luck this weekend.

Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
I had a minor issue finding the wheels on the website, see below, they do show up right at the bottom though! 馃憤馃徎 Maybe add a TITAX section like OZ and BST to make them easier to find?

REPOST Enforcement Mod
They are on there. I had the same issue and it's related to the search feature being bike-specific. Make sure you search for "titax" with no bike selection shown and they will show up. It's not really straightforward and obvious that that way which was causing me issues to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
We have not made a determination yet. The point of the sale is to get enough sets into American customers hands so we can become a recognized go to brand. Also I want to get some reviews about the wheels, shipping times and how they work with people's bikes. We are working with Motowheels.com and they are aware of the issue with the search engine but when a vendor is carrying your line you can't beat down their door until your product starts moving in volumes. Which brings us back to this sale...:>)). If you are thinking about buying or you need time you can always email me directly. You can also find at Titax.com.
Rickey Gadson is racing with Red Titax for the first time this weekend.. He is usung Titax Levers too..
We also support the Kawasaki and Yamaha cups over in Europe. We are growing and we would like to be a considered option when searching for top quality wheelsets. One of your members has purchased and he will post after he gets them in hand by the end of June.
Thank you for your interest, questions!
View attachment 448372

21 - 37 of 37 Posts