Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Probolts did a special run for this front Sprocket nut!it cost me $150aus but I will recoup my initial costs with some to sell or other Titanium hardware!now Probolt were charging $45aus when they had available but this guy was talking about figures way way under half price but before anything happens I will you guys a price!Im not in it make money just to let you no but if anyone is interested let me no!Im sure the 2016 onwards will be the same

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that went down as a positive adventure lol!on another positive I don't have to deal with someone who can write a few words in English and promises the world!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Pete, shouldnt you be getting some kind of sponsorship from PB by now??! Your bike would make a great marketing piece id think!

Hope you been well man! Ten thumbs up on the bike!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Caly how are brother?your 100% right about Probolt and the amount of money I have spent their lol!but tbh they have been very generous also!thank you for the thumbs up mate and I'm getting better mentally as the months pass!I have found out that the term "time heals"very accurate

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m currently doing a 520 chain conversion on my 2014 ZX-10R. I’ve done a few awesome mods... Like OZ Racing Wheels, Full Leo Vince Corsa SBK exhaust (titanium), Ghull flash and the list goes on... Curently I’m doing 520 Renthal sprockets front and rear with the 3D GP EK chain. Which brings me to ask and talk about, the stock Front Sprocket Nut and how ugly as hell it really is. I would like the Titanium Front Sprocket Nut it’s an awesome part I really want it and now that I’m changing the chain and sprockets... Not to mention all my disc rotor bolts are pro-bolt titanium and the rear sprocket nuts are pro-bolt titanium, so why not go all the way and have the front sprocket nut be titanium too? So my question is how can I get a Titanium Front Sprocket Nut? On pro-bolt’s website you cannot buy it separately and the only way to get my hands on one is to order the Pro-Bolt Race Parts Kit for Kawasaki ZX10R containing bespoke race parts as used by British Superbike Team Gearlink Kawasaki, in the presentation box kit. I try to call pro-bolt and I don’t get anyone on the line. Left voicemail no call back.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I just spoke to them, it is a discontinued part, in Titanium & SS, they had 2 on shelf for a long time until last week when a BSB team bought them out of the blue, Jake Dixon's RAF reserve. So i guess one of them sore this thread and made the enquiry. They will not be manufacturing anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys! What’s the intel? I have some bad news I called Pro-Bolt Usa and this part is discounted. They will also be taking the kit off the website too ????????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello Peter. So apparently Amazon order got canceled because they didn’t have it in stock. Can you sell me yours?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It would be asking a lot if it were me, seeing as how you have less than 10 posts and 0 rep around here but Pete and Michael are much nicer than i am lol.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ti nut update

Ok so here's the story!Im on Instagram and this little grub who owns a factory in China producing Titanium hardware befriended me!he totured me for days trying to find out what hardware do we use a lot or need for Sportbikes!
I asked him could he produce a Ti Sprocket nut and sent him a picture!well he broke my balls for days with constant messages asking for dimensions!I done my nut and told the f.ker to back off I couldn't supply that info as I said many times before I haven't got 1 to measure!I explained the best way to do it was for me to get a nut and send it to him in China(as I said many times before)!well that worked and 2 weeks after I was lucky enough to purchase a 1 off run by Probolt to replenish their Titanium Race Kits which they had raided and sold to customers!the nut cost $150 frickin Aussie dollars but no stress this guy from China was going to reimburse me!as soon as I have my Sprocket nut off which was so tight the only way was to take a chance buying a cordless impact 18v 380nm(doubt that)driver!ok $200 later and it worked no problem!this f.king Titanium nut that is 21grams lighter has already set me back $350!I contact my little friend with the news I have nut that he can copy and he gives me his address zip!no more contact!so big red light going on here!Im just about about to toture this grub on Instagram cheers

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No f.kin way lol man!this his been a story as long as War And Peace"it's not worth the drama of trying to get off then buying one all for the loss of 21grams!that is the most expensive excercise losing 21grams for $350 just doesn't cut it!it looks nice but who sees it it's under the sprocket guard!what a winner I am.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alright seriously I will pay money for this bolt. But it has to be pro-boltz It’s a mentality thing, just knowing that you have the lightest possible parts on the drive System it’s an awesome feeling. I’ve already invested $350-400 in the 520 chain conversation. I was gonna have that but anodized purple/titanium. I want this pro bolt this is bullsh*t seriously. If they had it on the damn website I would have bought 2 of them and If I had known that pro-bolt was going to discontinue... I would have bought the whole damn titanium race kit. Yeah trying to get the nut off was a pain in the ass but I got a Porter-Cable PCE211 7.5 Amp 1/2" Impact Wrench and it did the trick easy. $75 Amazon. Braker bar almost lifted the bike off the stands. It Requires impact wrench to change front sprocket too guys. So someone help me out. I want this damn nut. I found one on eBay if your willing to trade but. +Cash. It’s made from spartan super bike.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bro trust me I have the last Titanium Sprocket nut with a brand new washer going on today!Probolt refuse to make any more it's a fact!honestly it's about the last part of my Titanium clad bike I didn't have!there is only 1 place it's going and that on that drive shaft!I don't care if no one can see it either!its taken over 2 years to secure!maybe ask Racebolt U.K if they will do a run as they advertise they do specialty bolts!they are a quality supplier also as they use to supply Probolt!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts