Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spilled my last sportbike on a set of bridgestones, and felt them slide VERY noticeably on many more occasions after the crash before i finally took them off. has anyone else had a bad experience on the sport bike battlax GT016 tires? I just got a new ZX10, with the bridgstones, and lost rerar traction leaving a giant scuff all the way to tire edge. i am having trruoble getting confidence on this bike with these tires. it was a cold morning, but i feel certain my dunlops (previous tires, previous bike) would have handled the turn and acceleration fine. Thoughts or experiences??? thanx!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on my 3rd set of BT016's and couldn't be happier with them. A couple of track days on them and a lot of street miles with no issues at all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
After 3 trackdays, the edges of my BT016's are toast. I've been pretty happy with them. They aren't as sticky as race rubber, but they're a pretty good compromise for a street tire. Not sure what you're doing to make them slip...even in the cold, mine have stuck pretty well. 1 lap and knee down. Maybe 2 if it's chilly out.

Granted, I did highside on those tires. As much as I wish I could, I can't really blame the tires for my dumb ass grabbing a hand full of throttle with my knee down. 150 hp + cornering is more than any tire can handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts