Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought my bike with Shinko's (doorbell) (my rear seat cowl just arrived Hooray)anyway, I was riding and basically at 70 mph powered through the rear tire. Scared the shiz outta me. I looking for suggestions on some tires. I'd like to keep it at or around $300 Bucks. Suggest away.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Ok I bought my bike with Shinko's (doorbell) (my rear seat cowl just arrived Hooray)anyway, I was riding and basically at 70 mph powered through the rear tire. Scared the shiz outta me. I looking for suggestions on some tires. I'd like to keep it at or around $300 Bucks. Suggest away.:thumbsup:
You cannot go wrong with any Michelins or Pirellis..

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I run Mich Pilot Power front and Pilot Road 2 rear.
The rear lasted as long as the front.
It provided good traction for me and lasted quite some time.
I just got another set and still liking the setup. I do a good share of commuting but also hit the backroad twisties once or twice a week.

Bridgestone bt003 street compound , not RACE compound 30psi fr 32psi rear perfecto!
I would LOVE to run those on the street, unfortunately they wouldn't last for shit in the center of the rear.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have run through many sets of the pilot powers, and liked them a lot. and i currently have the perrelli diablos on my ten and i like them too, but they are way overpriced. my last few sets on my other bike (a fully built turbo 1000) have been sheinkos. i think i like those the most for an all around tire. they heat up nicely and have plenty of grip once they are warm. i get about 3000 miles out of a rear and twice that out of the fronts. and for the money i dont mind havein fun with them. but again, thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's always a winner for doign everything...and not to bad on the wallet
Currnetly running BT-016's on all 3 of the girls and must say they do indeed work great and dont wear out in 1500miles.

But in the future i will go with some of the BT-003RS in street compound as well..
or another pirelli tire, as michelin well its michelin overpriced and french...kinda like their wine.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Bridgestone bt003rs street compound , 30psi fr 32psi rear perfecto yes but i use 28psi front and 28psi rear find were you like , but the 003rs are great

·
Registered
265 Posts
im running bt002(predecessor to the 003) street compound, have about 2kmiles on them and 3-4mm from the wear bar in the middle of the rear... they were like 220 for the set, seems to be a good middle range tire, not cool for track and a tiny bit of overkill for normal street riding.

with that said, i would prefer a pointier tire, but hey, for cheap tires that will probably last in the 4k mile range... whatever. id rather replace tires twice as much, than bodywork once. not to mention the better grip/more fun in the meantime

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I ordered pilot power 2 front and rear $299 shipped. The others we're a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bridgestones BT016. Just paid $146 OTD for a rear 190/55 and the fronts were $99. Just replaced the original 016 and had 5,700 miles on it. It looked worn-out at 2,000. :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
I do as much commuting as actual "riding". Im running the Conti Road Attacks, they have been amazing. The wear has been great and the traction is amazing as well. Im not sure Ill ever buy anything else.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do as much commuting as actual "riding". Im running the Conti Road Attacks, they have been amazing. The wear has been great and the traction is amazing as well. Im not sure Ill ever buy anything else.
About how much do they ggo for a set?

·
Registered
445 Posts
The conti's were more $$ than the bt016's the last time I checked but were only about $40 more for the set. I have run them both and think the bt016 have better grip and lay in a corner better. I like the corsa III they seem to have stuck the best to the road. Question how do the rosso's fair to the corsa III's and the bt003's to the bt016's in grip and mileage?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Corsa III... They soak up bumps and have super smooth cornering. I am running 35 PSI rear. They need to warm up a little with that much PSI but they are OUTSTANDING!

Love the feeling of accelerating over small bumps and feeling the tire and suspension soak them up. I am so comfortable with this set up doubt I will change anytime soon. I got 8K miles out of the rear granted the metal was showing:mrgreen:.

Anyway enjoy the Pilots it's a great tire!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Dunlop D220's, they are a sport touring tire that will last twice as long but still hook up like a full sport tire. I've had them and really liked them for commuting during the week and running with my buddies on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts