Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires n want to hear some good recommendation? Dunlop has the 211's on end of year sale....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I run Conti's and have had no problems. Michelins are also nice.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Michelin 2CT's or Pirelli Corsa III's seem to be the ticket for me. Tried the BT16's and they tend not only to wear but "square" off much easier. Dunlops just don't seem to last too long.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I ran the old school PP and loved em. The profile fit my style of riding and I preferred the way they drop/fall in/transfer quickly. I just had 2cts spooned on for a trackday next weekend so time will tell. I can tell you that the high end sport tires are short lived mileage wise. I have a Pirelli Diablo Strada sitting in the garage for normal stret riding, but the profile feels like poo to me, way to round and they don't instill much confidence (for me). But as a high mileage tire on a 1000cc tire eater, I'll give em a shot. Ran BT003 Dot tires for a track day and some street riding, awesome tire with a profile similar to the PP, but super short lived (track use,duh).

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sorry but I'm a Dunlop guy all the way. The Qualifiers are great for the street and track. The grip is fantastic and you'll be confident on them. The downside is you will get less mileage from cuz they are soft. But to me, grip and handling are way more important than miles. Now the NTec 211's are great track/race DOT's for the track only! I wouldn't use them on the street. They wear faster than the Qualifiers. Now Dunlop just came out with the Qualifier 2's which have the dual compound and are just 10bucks more than the Q1's. You can't go wrong :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Dunlop Qualifier

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I like the wear of the diablo strata. I got 7500 miles and wasn't quite to the wear bars. I now have pilot road 2's. they wear pretty well but I don't care for the pointy profile. I am getting used to it but the last 14K miles that I had the pirellis is had to get over.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I run the PP 2CT and get good life out of them with great grip. I just replaced the rear at 4k miles due to a nail, it probably would have went another 2k.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Wow really, I only got about 2000-2500 miles on my last rear pp 2ct...Maybe I used the soft but still man, are you using your bike just to commute to work?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Wow really, I only got about 2000-2500 miles on my last rear pp 2ct...Maybe I used the soft but still man, are you using your bike just to commute to work?
Mostly commuting 200 miles per week, but now that I've met some more riders out here starting to get more real riding in. About 1500 of those 4k were riding the twisties.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The Dunlop Qualifiers are the only thing I know, My buddy vamafia turned me on to them after I watched him do a track day on them. They only lasted the 1 day but damn did they grip. I have them on my 10 and just replaced the rear about 300 miles ago. Just like mentioned above they give you great confidence on the street. I will keep running them no matter what. JMO

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah man I just jumped to my first ever dunlop this past week cause I burned out a rear pilot power 2 in 2months of street riding or 2500 miles LOL...I love this thing but yet to really break her in...Only has about 100 miles on her right now but have a solid ride coming up this morning at 930 so lets see how this tire is!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Yeah man I just jumped to my first ever dunlop this past week cause I burned out a rear pilot power 2 in 2months of street riding or 2500 miles LOL...I love this thing but yet to really break her in...Only has about 100 miles on her right now but have a solid ride coming up this morning at 930 so lets see how this tire is!!
Well have fun and be careful man, still rainin here in BAMA. Mabey next weekend.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i've known people who have run sport touring tire to help get more mileage (bt021's).. they never complained bout grip issues on the street and they ride hard in the twisty's

·
Registered
844 Posts
i prefer the michelin 2ct's.i have them on both of my bikes.love their grip.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I favor dunlop's also i got 5k out of this set of qualifiers this time around normally only get little more then 3k... i care more bout performance then wear.... i've been really thinking bout getting them 211's cuz i hear great things bout them on the track but i dont hear bout no one riding on the street ?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Tyres tyres tyres most tyres out there are all fine for the street and will work just fine it all comes down to what you like and what you want out of a tyre.. and how much your willing to spend for them... I love the PP2CT's but would love to try a set of the new Dunlop Q2's ... but not to sure how well those are in the wet ?? so im not sold on those untill I get more info on them ... but i know the PP2ct's are great in the wet.. and you can lean the bike for what seems like forever LOL.. with the 2CT's ..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts