Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, who has run more than 3 brands of tires on their bikes. I dont want to here from the guy has only switched off the dunlops and now those tires are the best on earth. Who has actualy ran, more than a set of replacments on there bike and what were they, and which tires were the best so far? If you only have switched off the stockers I dont want your input KEEP IT. I want some experience in these responses, thanks. Oh and whiny cry babys who still feel the need to put in .02 "Get Bent" So if you fall in the later group go ahead and add what you just have to say now :thefinger

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
hey man, ya talk'n to me?? I got ya bent right here!! LOL, PP's coming via Brown. Hope they are better than stock. We'll see...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
That's just great miykl, ya already ruined his thread. I can't believe anyone would be so thoughtless.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
hehe- yup, that's me!! gotta be da beeoch round here! Hell Von and Killa done went to counciling and are all at peace with themselves, someones' gotta stir up some shit!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Cry babies!! who ya callin cry babies sucka!! here take my .02 and buy yourself a personality. :badteeth: :lol:

BD

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got your .02 right here buddy :thefinger for real I know some guys out thre have gone through more than 2 brands on the bike right?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Daddy said:
its a dbl mocha fookachinno.:lol:

BD
That was pretty funny! thats what I'm talking about good quality comments. Well I guess no one on here has rode that much yet.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Frankyoz said:
That was pretty funny! thats what I'm talking about good quality comments. Well I guess no one on here has rode that much yet.
roflmao :lol:

if i used something other than the diablo corsas i'd be glad to comment but due to winter time conditions it ain't gonna happen.

BD

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well, due to inflation and rising prices, here is my .03 worth.

I have only had 2 different brands of tires on my ZX10 but I have tried numerous other tires on other liter bikes. My favorite at this time is the Dragon Supercorsas. I have been running a lot of track days and the Pirellis were much faster than the stock D218s. My favorite "street" tires have been the Pirelli Diablos. I haven't tried Pilot Powers, but I did not like the Michelin Pilot Sports at all, since they lacked grip compared to the Dragons. The Bridgestones I ran (001R) made the R1 scary. Ditto 208GP Dunlops. BTW, my experience is that any new tire initially feels better than the worn out, cord showing, old tire it replaced, so you have to wait until the new tire is worn down some to really determine its true character. Unless you are rich enough to keep putting new tires on your bike all of the time.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks zeta, I like the Bridgestones I have on the bike now, but I'm sure there is something better. The stones are good dont get me wrong but I dont know. I'm not a huge fan of michelins but I like them for the most part. I use to run the pilot sports when they came out but went back to dunlops for the consitency, and even wear.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Michelin bought bridgestone 2 years ago, so if you like the bridgestones then you will like the michelins. Same thing pirelli owns metzeler...almost same compounds just different tread patterns.
I've been told by a few Ducati guys that Avons give excellent wear rates compared to Michelins and Pirellis on the high torque machines(996s). These guys were keeping up with me so I trust they are using them at the correct pace.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Avons have always worked for me along with Dunlop. The Avon AV 49/50 Pro works very well and really liked the 207RR (would like to try the 208RR but can't get them in the US).

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
10RPilot said:
What do you mean by scary when referring to the Dunlops? Stability?
Sorry about not responding sooner 10RPilot. On a bike that never had a headshake with Pirelli tires, the bike really couldn't be gassed hard coming off turns or on longer straights without shaking it's head with the 208GPs mounted. Instead of 155 - 160 on the straight @ Texas World Speedway with Pirellis, 135 was spookie with Dunlops. I tried all kinds of tweeks and couldn't get rid of the headshake. The bike does not have a steering damper. It would certainly need one to run with the Dunlops. And it would have to be cranked down quite a bit.

On the other hand, I have a friend who has a ZX10 and he prefers the Dunlops. He said it is much less stable for him but he likes the way it enters turns.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts