Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys recommend? shinko, pirelli, m/t???? and how bout for a front as well....needs to last on the street as well... thx

·
Registered
99 Posts
m/t wont last at all. shinko works and last good but its not much of handling tire. i wouldnt go blazing around corners fast with it on. its still pretty much a straight line tire. pirelli would be good on street but there more expensive than shinko. for money...shinko all way

·
Registered
585 Posts
1LongR1 said:
m/t wont last at all. shinko works and last good but its not much of handling tire. i wouldnt go blazing around corners fast with it on. its still pretty much a straight line tire. pirelli would be good on street but there more expensive than shinko. for money...shinko all way
I agree, seems your asking a lot from a tire though. I don't think you can have the best of both worlds when it comes to a tire meant for both sports.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pirelli SuperCorsa SC2 180/55/17 for the rear and SC2 for front.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I've used the stock tires and the were crap for the corners and didn't get real sticky. I've used battlax BT014 and they were alot better than the stockers, but I had to air the rear down quite a bit to hook. I now have a pilot power 180/55/17 rear and I run 28-30 psi in it and have run my fastest times and mph with it and it obviously works well in the corners. I still have the battlax front.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Dunlop, Qualifiers, Continental Sport Attacks and Michelin Pilot powers. The Contis and the Pilots are the top two in wet grip as well.:mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts