Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking my tires on the ole bike when I noticed slight cracking all the way around the front tire. The tire (Pirelli Diablo Corsa) has plenty of tread left but the cracking has caused me to purchase a new tire.
Currently I have the Pirelli Corsa on the front and a Dunlop Sportmax D208 ZR on the rear. This bike never see's the track but I do like feeling controlled grip while leaning it in the mountains.
My question is; Since the rear tire was fairly new, I bought a matching (D208 ZR) for the front. I got it for $50 new and since I like the feel of the rear on the street, I figured the front cant be all that bad. Does anyone know what kind of differences I can expect going from the Pirelli to the Dunlop? BTW, I put about 145 freeway miles a day on this bike.
Thanks!:beer:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The 208 isn't as soft as the Corsa since it's strictly a street tire so you might notice a difference in grip if you push it. But since you're putting that many miles on it per day you should be looking for tire that will last longer and the 208 should fit the bill.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy said:
The 208 isn't as soft as the Corsa since it's strictly a street tire so you might notice a difference in grip if you push it. But since you're putting that many miles on it per day you should be looking for tire that will last longer and the 208 should fit the bill.
Thanks, I guess I'll just take it easy until I get the feel of it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conspiracy said:
The 208 is not a bad tire at all. The only thing with them is they wear out choppy especially the front.
What do you mean by choppy? Do they cup?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
FXSTCHIEF said:
What do you mean by choppy? Do they cup?
yeah they do tend to- not a bad tire though.
better than the 218 stock by far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts