Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Which tires do you perfer?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting new tires just wondering which are the better ones to get. I plan to do some track days, but really want something to go canyon carving on.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Seems this place is torn between Pirelli Corsa IIIs and Michellin 2CTs...I run Corsa IIIs and am soon going to get a new set.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I love these threads...It helps me decide...My shop has 2CTs on sale but man I love Corsa IIIs so much I could not imagine switching...I will switch just to say I tried them and either hated them, liked them, or = Corsa IIIs. I may do that.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking in to replacing my tires and just wanted some opinions of what others are on and what soots my riding style. I was also wondering what size tire most people are using on the rear. 190/50 or the 190/55. I know it all depends on the riding. Again just want to see what the masses say.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I ride 190/50 R and 120/70 F Corsa IIIs...I went with 190/50 because the OEM Qualifiers were 190/55...All I can say is I love the 190/ 50s compared to the 190/55. I ride local twisties on the weekend or lunch and commute on my bike with big long sweeping turns. I prefer grip over wear. Keep in mind tires designs are different as well. 2CTs have triangular shape while Corsa IIIs have rounded shape. I prefer a neutral tire over a tire that helps you turn in...I like to control the turn in. Try Corsa IIIs and try 2CTs and formulate your feedback...I have ridden friends' who have Powers and 2CTs and I was not so fond of them. That is me though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The bike is so agile that it needs something just..... neutral !

For that, Diablos are perfect... plus they are very very sticky.
Dont last for ever though...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the Dunlop Qualifiers on the bike when I got it and they wore out in 4K miles. I stretched them to 4400 miles though. Major flat spot! I replaced them with the same thing but I noticed the tread pattern has changed. The old ones did not let me down. After I put the new ones on, the turn in is effortless and so far (after about 50 miles or so), they are very sticky. I went with the 190/55. I was told that combined with the front tire dimensions are a better match than the 190/50.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Whats cheaper anyways? Diablo III's or 2cts? I think the III's right? They are about the same performance-wise, I am running the Diablos right now but have run 2ct's
They are same price online. Actually everywhere I see them though 2CTs are cheaper...My shop has them on sale...Corsa IIIs not on sale everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
They are same price online. Actually everywhere I see them though 2CTs are cheaper...My shop has them on sale...Corsa IIIs not on sale everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
:+1:

Yea, that is what usually decides me. I have run both and I guess I give the edge to the Corsa III, but am at the moment running the 2CTs (again). Last ones were Corsa III...when the difference is small enough I just get the Pirelli.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
:+1:

Yea, that is what usually decides me. I have run both and I guess I give the edge to the Corsa III, but am at the moment running the 2CTs (again). Last ones were Corsa III...when the difference is small enough I just get the Pirelli.
Bingo...Corsa IIIs had dual compound almost a year ahead of the 2CTs. What are your thoughts? I am tempted to try 2CTs...I have ridden on them but never owned them...They were on friend's bike...I thought they were just OK. They definitely didn't yell. I AM BETTER THAN CORSA IIIs...Instead I was left thinking...What was the hype about? Did people think Corsa IIIs came out after?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Actually the Corsa did come out long after the 2CT's an Bridgestone was the first with a Dual Compound tire.

Ever since Michelin debuted its Power Race radials with Two-Compound Technology (2CT) early in 2005, everyone else has been playing catch-up. Even as Metzeler-Pirelli reps introduced Metzeler's new Sportec M-3 last December, they spoke of needing a dual-compound tire to go up against the competition. Such is the strength of marketing that if the public perceives it needs dual-compound tires, every manufacturer has to deliver.

Dual-compound tires are, in fact, nothing new. Bridgestone flew a handful of journalists to Laguna Seca Raceway in the late '80s to sample its Battlax BT45s with Dual Tread Construction. Those bias-ply tires continue to be marketed for sport-touring today.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have pilot powers and love them but think I am going to try DC#'s next.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts