Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for most of us on this forum we mostly ride on asphalt, so my question is this. Does anyone else besides myself Feel like they lose a little bit of confidence When while riding Transition from asphalt to concrete? And for those of you who race Can you tell me, if any, what differences you feel between the 2? I know that I have gotten some pretty decent lean angles without any tire slipage while accelerating, but as I stated earlier, I feel as though I lose a little confidence when I'm off the asphalt..

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would have to say that the asphalt is gonna stay a little warmer being black, but an asphalt road will develope more bumps and pot holes than concrete. I imagine other than the concrete staying smoother there is probably not a whole lot of difference in grip as long as you tires are up to temp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its the unevenness I don't like with the concrete. The transitions can be uneven going from asphalt to concrete and vice versa. plus the expansion gaps between concrete sections I'm not really fond of. Alot of the overpasses and bridges is mainly where I'm referring to. Strait aways are one thing, but its the turning ones that makes me uneasy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the unevenness I don't like with the concrete. The transitions can be uneven going from asphalt to concrete and vice versa. plus the expansion gaps between concrete sections I'm not really fond of. Alot of the overpasses and bridges is mainly where I'm referring to. Strait aways are one thing, but its the turning ones that makes me uneasy.
I'm with you man. I just feel like that concrete is against me for some reason. You always notice that little string of powdery gravel towards the outside of the curve. Freaks me out!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Concrete feels fine to me

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my experience doing stupid crap (trying to get a knee down on a Honda Z50 with knobbies), asphalt has more traction than concrete- enough that the front end washed out and I lowsided on concrete- the litle Z50 is so teenie, I just rolled it onto my leg to save the paint :D

-Dave

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same with me.. I've never had a slide out, but something feels different for sure.. Someone mentioned earlier about heat properties.. Maybe something to that..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts