Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,589 Posts
Looks pretty normal to me for a tire that is ridden pretty hard.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i m tracking the bike and i m slowly converting it to a race bike.The front tire is making some marks as if its not loading as it should and runs wide a bit while i m powering out of turns.i m not trailining the brakes on entry hence my worry for the front.the bike is lifted 10mm at the rear and lowered 5 mm at the front.anyone knows what is the limit in lowering the front with a hi:eyecrazy:gh rear?or should start trial and error(gulp)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah i m tracking the bike and i m slowly converting it to a race bike.The front tire is making some marks as if its not loading as it should and runs wide a bit while i m powering out of turns.i m not trailining the brakes on entry hence my worry for the front.the bike is lifted 10mm at the rear and lowered 5 mm at the front.anyone knows what is the limit in lowering the front with a hi:eyecrazy:gh rear?or should start trial and error(gulp)
the mark you see on the front tire is cause by the front end skidding on entry or at the exit. the main thing I can see when you say that the bike run wide is that the rear squat when you're in the gas, that could explain why the front unload and skid. you will find when you'll get quicker that sag is useless. Swing arm angle is the key to bike stability on exit and you should match the front to handle well...

hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds logical.So,i ll try with a bit more comp and take it from there.The way i see it it ll be either more compression,lower front,and maybe mess a bit with the antisquat using different sets of sprockets.Sounds about right?
If nothing cures it,then i ll have to start looking at a different solution,in damping and such.Will let you know how it goes:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,tried to mess with the rear comp and it made no difference to the front tire,and the bike was a bit worse in the bumpy sections of the track,and more prone to wheelie out of turns.next step i ll lower the yokes another 2mm and hope it wont start sliding.will see

·
Registered
669 Posts
squat can result in to much rebound damping..... It's called packing

I gained 2 sec per lap with 2 clicks out of rebound last trackday

you can try it....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
squat can result in to much rebound damping..... It's called packing

I gained 2 sec per lap with 2 clicks out of rebound last trackday

you can try it....
Next trackday is the coming weekend.I ll try that too,got a notebook and write down all the changes and the effect i feel they got.Will try the rebound and see.Though last time i noticed that i m letting my body slide on the rear of the seat when i accelerate,so that might be contributing to it.When i m sitting further to the rear i get a better feeling from the rear sliding,but i could also get more weight off the front than i should.Dont know if that makes any sense,but should try it also.Every trackday is a test :helmet:
Btw thanx Fred:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts