Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
190/55 DCIII about 300 miles on it
whats goins on here? ... look along the edge

my rear is a lil high (havent had time to adjust it recently) but i went ridin this week and originally attributed it to the wheelspin i got exiting a right corner. felt like the rear did some hopping also which makes sense cuz the front is a lil loaded. but the pattern is on both sides of the tire, and i didnt spin it on any left handers. dunno, what you think?

edit: bigger picture

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have that problem with my OEM tires, not sure what it is that caused this. A buddy had some DC 3's on his 05 and same thing, he even had those little chunks fly off but he shags the nuts off his bike. I have a new set of of the shelf DC 3's so hopefully they don't suffer from the same thing.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wheel bearings are good. no free play or wobble in the wheel. i did the tire change and balance myself and everything checked out.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
WOW yes I would point the finger at the MFG on that one, looks as if the rubber had some sort of problem when it was being laid and or cooked .. I would be getting ahold of Pirelli and I would demand they send you new ones... and if they give ya any trouble just remind them of the ole Firestone deal... are both sides of the tires like that?? or just one side??

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
edited first post with a bigger pic.

both sides of the tire show the "waves". i had takin pics of the other side of the tire also, but they were blurry. and i just fired off an email to pirelli, so ill keep this thread updated when/if they respond.

·
Registered
67 Posts
need not worry.....when i was using my M1 for my bikes for street i had the same pattern . same with my friends who were using the same brand tires. never seen it on a diablo but the pattern is almost the same.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's weird as hell!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah do keep us updated Id like to know what there response is about that and what they will do to fix it for ya...

·
Registered
121 Posts
It looks as though the tire is hitting something when the suspension is compressed maybe? Also, were you running the rear tire excessively low on pressure? I have seen tires with that type of mark on them after they have been driven with really low tire pressure before.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
at least you can go all the way down. my tires are too hard and i can't get leaned over to the edge of the tire. they start to slide when i'm about 1/2 from the edge.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It looks as though the tire is hitting something when the suspension is compressed maybe? Also, were you running the rear tire excessively low on pressure? I have seen tires with that type of mark on them after they have been driven with really low tire pressure before.
the only thing im aware the tire is hitting, is the road but, when im leaned over im able to hold a smooth steady line. psi approx 31r. im gonna ride again this week but ill take it back up to 33r. i guess imm gonna take some more pics beforehand to compare for any further developement of the pattern.

at least you can go all the way down. my tires are too hard and i can't get leaned over to the edge of the tire. they start to slide when i'm about 1/2 from the edge.
sounds like a suspension/tire issue :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
need not worry.....when i was using my M1 for my bikes for street i had the same pattern . same with my friends who were using the same brand tires. never seen it on a diablo but the pattern is almost the same.
can you recall the suspension setup?

cuz ive set my front rear sags, feels like i dialed in the penske triple clicker and the oem forks pretty well. and i havent really made any changes since my last tire change and my last tire did not have this pattern

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just went out and looked at my dc3 and it is the same way, And it is new, I haven't scrubed it in yet. It looks like maybe some of the harder compound rubber from the side wall of the tire flowed into the softer compound when they cooked the tire in the mold at Perilli.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts