Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had er healed over at 85 right hand sweeper then applied the juice and whoops
the dunlop gives up the blacky set the sag at 30mm man is there any hope for these 218s they have less than 1500 miles on them or pilot powers now..

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Is there any hope that you'll stop using the main 10R related forum as an inbox and havin' us sort your posts where they should be? :dontknow: :crackup:

To answer your question though... I hated the D218's... I love my Pilot Powers. :thumbsup: Took the Dunflops off of Loca and sold them to stunters at less than 200 miles on them. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
madkaw said:
I am sure the bike being so awesome makes the tires seem worse than they are but they are not near as good as pp.
I saw www.ronayers.com has them for $228 for the 180 set and $250 for the 190 set.
My biggest problem with the 218's is they feel hard as rocks. I much prefer the softer feel of the Powers. I tried adjusting the pressures down on the 218's on Diablo and it seemed that they went from hard to much within a pound of pressure change. Never could get them to feel "right". Aside from the fact that Diablo and Loca both seemed to tend to drift toward the outside of corners on the 218's (not really sliding so maybe not traction related) they stuck ok once they warmed up. I described them as not having a solid connection to the road given their tendency to drift like that, but maybe that had more to do with their profile and handling characteristics than their grip. :dontknow:

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
El Diablo said:
Is there any hope that you'll stop using the main 10R related forum as an inbox and havin' us sort your posts where they should be? :dontknow: :crackup:

To answer your question though... I hated the D218's... I love my Pilot Powers. :thumbsup: Took the Dunflops off of Loca and sold them to stunters at less than 200 miles on them. :wink:
who pissed in El D's cornflakes this morning. So we can't talk about the tires on a zx-10r in the main zx-10r forum?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Chads10R said:
who pissed in El D's cornflakes this morning. So we can't talk about the tires on a zx-10r in the main zx-10r forum?
You did...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
You did...
:crackup: I guess it's just one of those days, seems like every one's pissed off today. Maybe because USC is still #1 :helmet:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Chads10R said:
USC rocks!
UT...USC will crumble if they make it to the chapionship...

Also, EL D, you've posted three different threads about your ONE new set of PPs so IMO, Id take it easy on the dudes...

Youre a mod, your supposed to move stuff anyway. :lol: :1848:

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

Also, EL D, you've posted three different threads about your ONE new set of PPs so IMO, Id take it easy on the dudes...

Thanks Hill!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Chads10R said:
Thanks Hill!
Hey, you can have one too!

:boxing: :violent5: :snorting: :pain10: :whip2: :fart: :whipping: :postcop: :moped: :machinegu :throwup: :zx_blk: :wave: :rotflmao: :bitchslap

HA...did that remind anybody of Killa?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
652 Posts
bluedevil said:
:crackup: I guess it's just one of those days, seems like every one's pissed off today. Maybe because USC is still #1 :helmet:
USC is good and lucky to even beat Notre Dame

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
We ride bikes that could keep up with or beat full on race bikes from 10 years ago. The pilot power is a better street tire but the 218s have plenty of grip when warmed up. Even aftermarket tires like the Powers will spin on the 10.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I remember doing Second gear rolling burnouts on the 218s....good times!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
bigolekaw said:
yeah el the tires drift and are nervese how many miles can I expect out of pilot powers
Not sure... I've never worn a set out. Had around 800 miles on the set I had on my busa when I sold it and they still looked new. I think they had just lost the rubber nubs in fact. I'm guessing probably somewhere around 2500-3000 miles (maybe more) the way I ride. To reference that, the nipples were gone from the rear 218 I just took off at less than 200 miles and the rear that came on Diablo was into the wear bars at 1600 miles.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
hillcountry10r said:

I posted them in the proper forums though... :fu2: And I was kidding with the original poster here anyway. :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts