Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good line on some 190/60-17's and some 200/55-17's. Will these be a problem on the Gen3?

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a good line on some 190/60-17's and some 200/55-17's. Will these be a problem on the Gen3?

Thanks fellas
I run a 190/60 on my Gen 4 so it should be fine on a Gen 3. Its just a heavier tire and it will make your gears taller.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run a 190/60 on my Gen 4 so it should be fine on a Gen 3. Its just a heavier tire and it will make your gears taller.

Does that mean it will rev out faster? Humor me. LOL

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
Does that mean it will rev out faster? Humor me. LOL
No it will rev out slower....less acceleration, but higher top speed. Not by a lot, but like dropping a tooth on the rear sprocket. The 190/60 will be taller and rounder and is what a lot of guys recommend to use at the track for grip and turn-in. The 200/55 will be wider and may or may not have clearance issues with the chain or swingarm. Plus it will be more like the 190/55 in terms of roundness. You wouldn't be gaining any performance benefit from the 200/55 IMO and may run into fitment issues along the way.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it will rev out slower....less acceleration, but higher top speed. Not by a lot, but like dropping a tooth on the rear sprocket. The 190/60 will be taller and rounder and is what a lot of guys recommend to use at the track for grip and turn-in. The 200/55 will be wider and may or may not have clearance issues with the chain or swingarm. Plus it will be more like the 190/55 in terms of roundness. You wouldn't be gaining any performance benefit from the 200/55 IMO and may run into fitment issues along the way.
Choice made....................Good lookin out homeboy!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The 200s have huge edge grip compared to any 190

Gearing and ride height differences are negligible. You running someone's take offs on the street?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, I found o good deal on some new ones. Medium compound and killer price.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
190/55 i think would be a better choice...Gettin good use of a 60 is gonna rob a lil power and acc and will you use all that grip...I seen a 60 that a really fast local guy used,he didnt use all the grip for cornering..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
who the hell makes a 190/60? I've only seen 190/50 and 55s.
It's a racing size. Unless your into buying more track-specific tires, you probably wouldn't see a lot of them. But most of the manufacturers have that size available. You're just not gonna see it sitting on a shelf at your local shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts