Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gettign rid of my 2ct which tire is good to get? shinko but what model? and will a 200 fit on a 07 zx10r stretched with the 525 chain?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
can't beat the Shinko 003 U soft for the $$$ its a lil on the heavy side but it will get the job done.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
SHENKO....Never see them on my bike..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Look for a Shinko "hook-up" at this site.. http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/shinko_hook-up_drag_radial_rear_tire/369-874650.aspx

They are alot lighter then the U-soft and you don't need to run a 200 unless you are turbo'd or running NOS.

Otherwise a 190 or even a 180 is more then enough, the thinner the tire the better. Because it is alot less weight that your engine is trying to spin. I run a 180 on my 09' zx10r and 03' gsxr1000 and never have problems with hooking up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i plan on running nos

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
180 and 190 will have about close to the same area contacting the ground, but the weight will make big difference since it's since it's like 18 inches or so from the center.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Shinko Stealth 003 U-soft 190 if street and drag racing. For ONLY THE STRIP, get the Shinko Hook Up 190 50 17 as nothing comes close to it's traction and it is light as hell. But not to be used on the street as it is just way too soft both compound and the sidewall. For some street riding and some track use get the Stealth 003 usoft, Can't beat that tires grip aside from a $250 Michelin. Can get 2 003 U-soft tires for that kinda $.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roger that i know what ill be getting then :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which michellin model?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The Michelin that Hooks up is the Power One. Costs $279
First pic is Michelin.

Second pic is the $125 Shinko 003 U-soft. Notice how they look very similar:wink: The Shinko is available in a Non _soft too. You want the U-Soft version

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
michelin is what i want :D thanks

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
For drag? Which michelin? I know Shinko also has out a FLAT slick, true wrinkle wall for cheap for drag only obviously. There's the Hook Up DOT drag radial too. I go through back tires too fast to spend big $ on tires. I can pick up a fresh new 003 U-soft for $125.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Damn baller, I'm jealous. :lol: I want to try just one ONE but can't justify it to myself. It is supposed to be the best tire for both street and drag combo. Like I said, I have heard from quite a few ppl that the Hook up from Shinko sucks on the street. Wear and handling characteristics.
Post up how the ONE treats you and handles double duty abuse(street/track use). Thanks man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts