Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting a slight tire rub on my 2nd generation rear tire.i've run a 190/50/17 and a 190/55/17 michelin pilot power 2ct.the rub is in the center of the tire-not much/very little. any ideas ?:dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
WTF? The 190/55 is the standard size for that bike. There should be no rubbing issues at all. Where is it hitting the bike? Swingarm, hugger, etc.? What's your gearing? Too big of a rear sprocket would move the axle far forward. Still shouldn't hit anything though.

Need more info on your setup and pics would be handy.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock rear sprocket/-1 on front-a slight scrape on the center of the tire.my brother has the same problem.he went down to a 190/50.

·
Registered
638 Posts
stock rear sprocket/-1 on front-a slight scrape on the center of the tire.my brother has the same problem.he went down to a 190/50.
Is it rubbing on the bike? If so where? Or can you only find the "rub" mark on the tyre?

PS. Could it be your plate/tag? I see a lot of people over hear mount them under their seats, a lot closer to the rear wheel.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can only find the mark on the tire.took the hugger off-no marks on it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my tag is not that close,under the tail light. i guess i'm going to get my brother to follow me at 150-just to see.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
150mph? Well, no shit then. It's tire growth from the sustained high speeds. The tire deforms under that much force. What tire pressure are you running?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
150mph? Well, no shit then. It's tire growth from the sustained high speeds. The tire deforms under that much force. What tire pressure are you running?
lol.it only has done it on the last 2 tires.i'm runn;n around 36-38

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
lol.it only has done it on the last 2 tires.i'm runn;n around 36-38
Well, that's pretty high pressure and maybe not the issue then. It will grow taller at the high speeds, but not much with that high a pressure. I'd pull the hugger off and start measuring the clearances between the swingarm and the tire.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know the tire will grow some at high speeds-but it's the last 2 tires.my brothers has done it on the last tire-never before,i also stiffened my shock,gone to try that too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts