Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Worn out Q3. Happens all the time in the area that you are using most ( on the gas the hardest). I rode yesterday with a couple friends and they're tires looked just like yours. Get a new one.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shop is recommending Q-4's. I am pretty happy with the Q-3+. Anybody here run both and wanna comment?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd buy a set of "Bridgestone BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22's" and get a better set of tires for a lot less money.

Rocky Mountain ATV $244.00 a set and Bridgestone $60 rebate = set for $184.00 + shipping.

Dunlops are overrated. I'd contact Dunlop Rep. I've burned up a lot of street tires on the track (including Q3)
a set usually lasting around 200-250 miles and I've never seen a pattern like that.

·
Registered
623 Posts
+1 for Bridgestone for their S line hypersport tires. After reading many tire reviews, shoot outs and comparison shopping, I've concluded that Bridgestones generally score mid to upper level performance but come in priced at the bottom so they're the best bang for the buck.

Pirellis seem to always take the top spot for performance but are also the highest priced and fastest to wear out which of course makes them the worst value.

I'll admit that I haven't had the opportunity to compare them personally, but as a street rider I'd never get the chance to wear out that many tires to compare. I'm on my 5th rear and 4th front tire (4 generations) of Bridgestones and they serve me well. All my previous sets have been hypersports with the exception of current set of sport touring and thought I'd experiment with sport tourings to see how much mileage I could squeeze out of them. Although the grip is incrementally lower (only a little), I know I would've replaced my rear again by now and I still have a lot of tread left.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'd buy a set of "Bridgestone BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22's" and get a better set of tires for a lot less money.

Rocky Mountain ATV $244.00 a set and Bridgestone $60 rebate = set for $184.00 + shipping.

Dunlops are overrated. I'd contact Dunlop Rep. I've burned up a lot of street tires on the track (including Q3)
a set usually lasting around 200-250 miles and I've never seen a pattern like that.
Damn that's a hell of a price. I am in need of tires too and all I've ran was the Dunlop Q3's up until now. I'm about to spring for those battlax's, that price is too cheap and the reviews are great.

Thanks for recommending those!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts