Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys, after a day of playing with my rear shock... i cant seem to sort out this issue...

anyone have an idea on what is causing this??

btw this was a fresh tire at the start of the day, pirelli sc3 supercorsa

·
Registered
414 Posts
My tire looked pretty close to that when I did my first track day. I had too much air in the tire and my rebound was off. How much air are you running? Alot of the time there will be suspension guys at the track, did you check with them?

Sent from my SGH-T989

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tire pressure wrong or too much rebound dampening would be what I look at first if my tire looked like that. Running tire warmers? It's also incredibly hot out there now, so maybe not the right tire compound for the conditions.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks like low tire pressure. Should be around 28 hot off the track. I run 26 hot with slicks and 27 with Q2's.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
try 26.5 psi...hot..see what happens..I got diablos corsa 3 and run 32 at the track hot..Mine are clean..never say there was a track day and a weekend of track school on them..

My buddy races an r6 with sc2 and his are same,clean with 26.5.....Play with pressures and see what works for you..

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried up to 29 and as low as 26.... seems they are toast and not going to clean up.. but i want to sort it out before i end up destroying another set

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That looks like cold tearing. The fact that you are past the wear bars tells me that it has been going for some time so any changes you made as of recently will be null.

What type of track are you on? Long and fast? Slow corners that you drive hard out of? What level of rider are you? are you using tire warmers?

Let me know, I may be able to help.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the tire was brand new at the start of the day lol so i just ate the tire all day long and ya thats what i just posted above, the changes in 10 lap sessions for pressure wasnt showing any changes, and i figure it was cause the tire was dead

Track is a 3km short tighter track

can get upto about 245 kph on the front stretch, of 1, then running down towards 2 about 195... rest is a second or third gear track... so nothing crazy

I can run in Red with out an issue, and im always using warmers, and not just getting tire warmth, usually have rim warmth as well,

any help would be great, even if its just to get another opinion

Thanks

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
That's Cayuga (Toronto Motorsports Park).

Have you tried different tires?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes it is... and I have, normally i run on slicks, but this is what i had for the day for the pig.... Ive run pirelli slicks, and bridgestone slicks, and last but least uk NTEC's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts