Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i want to ride on the street but I want a shinko hook-up tire to dont really want to buy another rim but it looks like i got to. i wish i could ride the hook up on the street and not buy a tire every other month... do yall think i should go back to the u-soft???

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
hookup is a good tire but want last long on the street, i would go back to the U soft bc it does good on the street/track.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,065 Posts
Sounds like if your going through six tires a year a used rim from ebay with a good street tire on it would pay for itself pretty quick really.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I like the 2 rim idea. thats actually what I was planning to do. Run a Pilot Power on the street rim and a U-Soft of HookUp on the drag rim. for now its prolly just gonna be U-Soft for the do everything rim, but we shall see!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Anybody looking for a good back rim for tire swapping, I have a mint one off of a gen 1 for sale. 160 shipped in the US. Comes with spacers, and complete drive hub. I think I even have the rear brake rotor that I could include. The drive hub would help with quick gearing changes as you could have a different sprocket allready mounted up, and just swap the hub. Let me know if interested. Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
pics please!! I could be VERY interested in it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
ower one all day will last at the track and on the street

·
Registered
842 Posts
i got a rim and a decent tread shinko 003 on it for 200 shipped cant beat that!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
i bought a shinko 003 u-soft tire and it is wonderful
:eek:ccasion1 The best street/drag tire you can buy. I will only run that tire on the back. The front I am going back to a NON U-Soft stealth. Don't need a U-soft on front though it is super sticky. Wears too fast.
The U-soft rear is the way to go.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
:eek:ccasion1 The best street/drag tire you can buy. I will only run that tire on the back. The front I am going back to a NON U-Soft stealth. Don't need a U-soft on front though it is super sticky. Wears too fast.
The U-soft rear is the way to go.
for the rear makes absolute sense, but what about the front? like running a pilot power or something to that effect? thoughts/discussion please.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
for the rear makes absolute sense, but what about the front? like running a pilot power or something to that effect? thoughts/discussion please.
Keeping the same tire brand front/rear is a better choice. Especially for those that street ride too. Having mismatched tires f/r makes the bike not handle well. Having a road race tire on the front, like a Q2, and a rounder/flatter profile tire on the back, like the Shinko, is asking for trouble. The front will want to dive easily into a turn while the rear is slow to turn. I ran that exact setup first time I put a Shinko on the rear and bike handled erratic. Not predictable at all. So when the front wore out I put a matching Stealth on front and bike handles much better. Very predictable.
If just drag racing it doesn't matter what tire you have on the front. But for the street, stick with a matching front/rear tire.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
exactly the advice I was looking for on the subject. Im rear is probably done in about 2k or so, so at that point I will most likely be shifting to a 003 for my track adventures, but will still have my PP2CT on the front. Just gonna deal with it till it runs out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts