Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where everyone getting there tires from? I need a new set before Spring, was goin to pick them up over the winter? Thanks

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Where everyone getting there tires from? I need a new set before Spring, was goin to pick them up over the winter? Thanks
Working for who I work for I just walk to the other side of the floor and beg for test tires.
Other than that I think for you it might be best to contact some of our site sponsors due to the fact that the Canadian dollar is so strong right now ~$.95 so you can score a good deal.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working for who I work for I just walk to the other side of the floor and beg for test tires.
Other than that I think for you it might be best to contact some of our site sponsors due to the fact that the Canadian dollar is so strong right now ~$.95 so you can score a good deal.

either that or you could send me a set and I will send you some local lobsters??? DEAL???

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Check your local dealer or cycle gear. My local dealership will match any price, but there's is already the cheapest by a couple bucks(a set of bt016s for $250). Cycle gear currently has tires on sale at decent prices, I picked up a Dunlop Q2 front for $125.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
either that or you could send me a set and I will send you some local lobsters??? DEAL???
Yikes I wish I could - we are so tight about tires I have to fight to get any.
If my old engineer was still around we'd have a deal but the new guy is not so people friendly and I can't get anything outta him.

I have three vehicles that use Ultra High Performance tires and can hardly get test tires for those as well.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your local dealer or cycle gear. My local dealership will match any price, but there's is already the cheapest by a couple bucks(a set of bt016s for $250). Cycle gear currently has tires on sale at decent prices, I picked up a Dunlop Q2 front for $125.

No cycle gear in Canada, and I have got a few jackets from them, but I have to pay the shippin. To pay for shipppin of tires can get costly.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yikes I wish I could - we are so tight about tires I have to fight to get any.
If my old engineer was still around we'd have a deal but the new guy is not so people friendly and I can't get anything outta him.

I have three vehicles that use Ultra High Performance tires and can hardly get test tires for those as well.

Well you could aways sell one of the vehicles:heyyou: j/k thanks anyway I guess I will be enjoy my lobsters!:wink:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
No cycle gear in Canada, and I have got a few jackets from them, but I have to pay the shippin. To pay for shipppin of tires can get costly.
There website says free ground shipping on orders over $25.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Call your local dealership, chances are they will match a competitors price and they will install them at a discounted rate. My dealership charges $18 per tire if you buy from them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
hmm, just bookmarked americanmototire. Cool.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
will u just be using the tire for everyday normal street riding??? or you into knee dragging everytime you leave your house??

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There website says free ground shipping on orders over $25.:dontknow:

ya it only in states, they dont tell you that til you order something and then tell them where it goin to be shipped to.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will u just be using the tire for everyday normal street riding??? or you into knee dragging everytime you leave your house??

I got a set of Pirelli on her now, they are nice, would like to get another set of them.

As far as my driving type, I want to get somewhat good mileage and good performance

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got a set of Pirelli on her now, they are nice, would like to get another set of them.

As far as my driving type, I want to get somewhat good mileage and good performance
Huh, sounds like what everyone wants. Good luck and happy tire shopping. Love the way the bike rolls side to side with a fresh set of rubber :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts

PIRELLI Cyber Monday Diablo Supersport Street Motorcycle Tires
CYCLE GEAR 11/30 199.99.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The original michelin pilot powers are a steal these days for the performance. They are cheap anywhere that still sells them and they are just as good as 2CT's in most respects. The major difference is the original power doesnt particularly like cold weather (takes longer to warm up) and will flat spot unless you pump up the rear to a high pressure. I run 2ct's now but I would have no issue using pilot powers.

I have also had good luck with pirelli corsa III's and bridgestone bt-016. if you do a lot of straight line riding the new pilot road II's are also worth considering.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I get mine from the local shop. I am don't want to mount them myself and the shop down here won't mount it if you did not buy it from them.

By the way RED636 tell your avatar to stop checking my out

1 - 20 of 40 Posts