Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the recommended tire pressures from Pirelli for track use. If someone has got the recommended pressures from other major tire manufacturers, please post them up. Please post only manufacturer's recommended track tire pressures and not what you personally use. i hope this will help members with a good starting point in terms of track pressures. The pressures for Pirelli are hot pressures.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Continental RaceAttacks Competition
Attachment is for the Slicks and Competition version. On track pressures are hot pressures.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For Race attack street

Cold -

RaceAttack Street Front: 2.1 bar/30PSI
RaceAttack Street Rear: 1.9 bar/28PSI

Warm (heated to 80 degrees centigrade and run for 2 laps) -

RaceAttack Street Front: 2.3 bar/33PSI
RaceAttack Street Rear: 2.1 bar/30PSI

Sport Attack 2 (cold pressures)
Front - 32psi
Rear - 29psi

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We offer the 190/55 in med-soft and medium, with the medium being the best choice for most riders and conditions. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: The 180/55 and 190/55 Power Race & PR tires run 22 – 24 PSI. Do not run above or below this pressure! Power Race & PR fronts run 31-33 PSI.
Are these hot pressures?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about the Q2 tires?

-Dave
I don't have the pressures recommended by Dunlop for the Q2s. However, Dave Moss ( founder of Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning) recommends cold tire pressures of Front 32psi and rear 30 psi for the Q2s. The California Superbike School run the Q2s at 30psi (cold) front and rear. Going by the credentials of the two sources, I would treat them on par with Dunlop recommendations.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bridgestone BT003 and 003RS

I got this information from Bridgestone based on the pressures they used during the 2011 Kawasaki zx10 launch (US launch, not the Qatar launch). This is what they said -

"At the recent ZX-10 launch we attended, tire pressures were set at 34 psi for the front tire and 33 psi for the rear tire. These pressures were set for hot tires as they came off the track. These pressures should work well for both the BT-003RS and the BT-003.

Of course, feel free to adjust pressures if you feel it is necessary. Generally, change pressures 1 psi at a time to make adjustments."

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice thread. I have been lowering my PSI for a few weeks now and the results have been great. I'm currently at approx. 26-27 PSI cold, front and rear. I have the Pirelli Corsa Rossos.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone have the BT-016 pressures?
Sorry, I donrt have the track pressures for BT016. But a good starting point would be 32psi front and 30 psi rear cold.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice thread. I have been lowering my PSI for a few weeks now and the results have been great. I'm currently at approx. 26-27 PSI cold, front and rear. I have the Pirelli Corsa Rossos.
Pirellis are very sensitive to hot pressures. The rosso corsas work very well at 34 psi hot front and rear. Good starting cold pressures to achieve this would be front 30 psi and rear 28-30 psi. The problem with starting at 26 psi cold (front) is that the tire initially feels very imprecise until it heats up. Have a look at this, you might find it useful.
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100616

1 - 16 of 16 Posts