Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That is....I know the tech has to be getting cheap, since it's coming standard on so many cars and a few bikes. $160 is still a little more than I would want to spend, but may be worth it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks awesome... Wonder how well they work?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
seems like the little bit of extra weight on the valve stem would be bad at high speeds for the valve stem. I will just stick to checking before a ride.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Run down to Auto Zone and pick up a set of pressure indicator valve stem caps from them.
You know the ones that show red or green at that specified air pressure.
Alot cheaper,alot less lighter than the ones the op linked us to,just as accurate.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Run down to Auto Zone and pick up a set of pressure indicator valve stem caps from them.
Alot cheaper,alot less lighter than the ones the op linked us to,just as accurate.
I did not even know such a thing existed. Sounds cool

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was gonna comment on those originally. I heard that they can leak pressure from the valve if something within the sensor goes wrong. Just something to watch out for...

How hard is it to check two tires honestly?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe

I still think its a cool idea :)

Price is way too high though

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Are the auto zone ones adjustable, or do they just turn red at...30 pounds lets say? I would just want to know something a little more accurate.

You guys are right, that it's not that hard to check pressures, but I'm lazy. I finally did when I noticed excessive tire wear, and it felt a little slow on turn in. Turns out my front was down to 32 and rear at 28! I generally run 38f/42r - just my personal preference. It would be nice to have had something alert me before that, but I'm not about to check my pressures before every single ride...I ride almost every day. Maybe I'll just try to make it a weekly thing, but checking something that hardly ever changes is so boring.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You tell them what pressure you want to buy,and they get you that 38f 42r valve stem caps that you asked for.
Green at 38 red at 37.
Look into them though,I hadn't heard about them being deffective and loose air slowly.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You tell them what pressure you want to buy,and they get you that 38f 42r valve stem caps that you asked for.
Green at 38 red at 37.
Look into them though,I hadn't heard about them being deffective and loose air slowly.
even if they did, at least you would know.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Green at 38 red at 37.
They don't work exactly like that... Its more like green at 38, red at 34 or whatever the threshhold is...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I like it, only thing is I dont have to money for something like that, I have a tire gauge and it works just fine...but this would be sweet for the track

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I had heard that those 'cheap' Autozone vale stem pressure caps can be extremely inaccurate...

Then again, I never bothered to test them for myself as a result.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts