Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
If you do trackdays and buy your tires online, I'd say get it, because if you have to pay $30 per tire like I do to have them mounted, it'll pay for itself after you do 11 stes of tires. JMHO

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Like Spacecoast 10R says, and then factor in your own willingness to do that work, to put a money value on it.

I have all the equipment and haven't used it for years, I'm happy with a couple brick&morter bike shops that sell at an acceptable price and mount/balance at a price with that sale, I'd just as soon pay.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
(http://www.nomartirechanger.com).

anyone have one of these ? any one like this machine ???

i have a guy in town just bought one an is allowing you to mount your own tires at his house?

so i figure why do that when i buy one and do my own ya know.:idea:
There are several of us on here that have the No Mar. Its a great tire changer especially if you have aftermarket wheels and don't want to scratch them. Use the search. Plenty of threads you will find as well as pix. Below is mine.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49506&highlight=tire+changer

JJ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not bad if you are going to change a lot of your own tires. But considering that most people only go through a set tires once every season or two (excluding trackdays and burnouts) it's not really worth it. If you and a bunch of buddies want to "pool" some money for a "communal" machine, you can buy an Atlas pneumatic machine for $200 more and let the machine do the work.:wink:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Spoons will work for a lot less, but are a PITA, believe me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Spoons will work for a lot less, but are a PITA, believe me.

Nah, after a couple changes you get pretty good at it.
I can change my tires at a track day over the lunch break with just 2 tire spoons, and an air compressor, you can use the kickstand on somebody elses bike to break the bead on a tire too ;) Now THATS saving money!

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Like Spacecoast 10R says, and then factor in your own willingness to do that work, to put a money value on it.

I have all the equipment and haven't used it for years, I'm happy with a couple brick&morter bike shops that sell at an acceptable price and mount/balance at a price with that sale, I'd just as soon pay.
Do you have expensive Marchesini or Carbon fiber wheels? NO? Then the No Mar is not for you.

Use this method.

JJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts