Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well right at 3000 miles on my 08 and already at the wear markers not sure if it is suspension settings or me or all the above i know i need a better tire but for the front to wear more than the front i need some help i have battlaz bt016 please help

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I'm gonna say something is wrong I've got the stock perrellis diablo 3 s I believe and I have tons on mileage left and I only have 4600kms on them. I think I'm at like 85% tread left.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
3000 MILES ON A SPERTBIKE TIRE IS GOOD!
what kind of miles were you hoping to get out of a set??

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
i know i need a better tire but for the front to wear more than the front i need some help i have battlaz bt016 please help
I guess you mean front to wear more than the rear :dontknow:
If so, yea, 3k out of a front tire. . .somethings not right, whether the tire or possibly suspension.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my tire pressure is f38/r40 i weight 215 and havent adjusted anything and i keep drifting out of 3/4 lean corners its got me all messed up no confidence now

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I only got about 3k out of the front stock 16s as well.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
well my tire pressure is f38/r40 i weight 215 and havent adjusted anything and i keep drifting out of 3/4 lean corners its got me all messed up no confidence now
dazam I run on the street 32 PSI front cold 30 rear!
all tire PSI is for is to control tire temp! that’s it nothing more nothing less! people worry too much about what the # on the side of the tire reads i.e. 45psi …yeah if it's 115 degrees outside! You want your tires to run at optimum temp! and if it takes 45psi, well ok them! but it may only take 25PSI this all depends on how you ride and what your ourside temp is!

PS and too cold of a tire will cause your sliding issues you say your having!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the back tire has worn as expected but the front has got me plus the feed back is ok but feels unstable any suggestions on the next set kinda torn between metzeler m3 or michelin pp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah but that sliding is even after riding the twisties for an hour what about suspension i read in the manual it was setup for a 150 lb rider what should i change

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
well the back tire has worn as expected but the front has got me plus the feed back is ok but feels unstable any suggestions on the next set kinda torn between metzeler m3 or michelin pp
What ever you like! I'm a Dunlop guy for race tires I like real rubber on the track! On my street bike I like the 2CT's but I only do 70% of so on the street and the SYN rubber tires don't need to get heated up to the temp the real rubber has to get to stick well!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
yeah but that sliding is even after riding the twisties for an hour what about suspension i read in the manual it was setup for a 150 lb rider what should i change
you need to re-spring.. then adjust! if you just adjust with stock springs you wasting your time! your too hevey for stock shit to even be close! spend the $200 and you wont be un-happy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a buddy who runs the the 2ct's he loves them well not to sure what i am gonna do im not doing any trackdays do to funds but i am riding about 80 percent and i commute alot with it but the sliding has gotta go went in the ditch last weekd cause they wouldnt stick wasnt fun but kept it up right

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
i have a buddy who runs the the 2ct's he loves them well not to sure what i am gonna do im not doing anytrackdays do to funds but i am riding about 80 percent and i commute alot with it but the sliding has gotta go went in the ditch last weekd cause the wouldnt stick wasnt fun but kept it up right
RE-spring! I’m telling you that’s and PSI are 95% of your problem! Suspension is the #1 thing anyone can do! but you see guys who go spend $1000 on a pipe and PCIII ...when they should have re-did there suspension! Suspension and tires and skill keep you up right!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
sounds good any recommendations

Call Dan @ "Traxxion Dynamics" tell them your weight and how you ride they will tell you what you need! :eek:ccasion1

then once that is done you can set your SAG and start adjusting you comp and rebound! you could set your sag with out it but you will bind your strings~!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounds like i know wich way to go i appriciate the advice got to get it undercontrol i went down in august cuz of an idiot so dont wanna go down that road again

1 - 20 of 34 Posts