Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just put new rubber on my 08 zx10 and after about 600 miles I ended up putting a nail in the back tire. So clearly it's time to replace the tire. The shop that I always go to told me that they cannot get the exact right tire that I want in a timely manner. Instead, they said that I can go with a 190 50z17 in place of the 190 55z17. What are the down sides to this tire? I checked dunlops site and they verified that I can put the 50 on instead of the 55 but it makes me nervous to not put the 55 on there. Any thoughts or experience on this? My inner non-squid is saying hold out the few extra weeks for the 55, but my outer child wants to ride right now.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Most other liter bikes besides Kawi's have been coming with the 50's, hence the abundant supply of 50's, but since 2009 more liters are coming with 55's now so hopefully people will start stocking them. Go into any Cycle Gear and all you will see is 50's.

Buy the 55's from 303 Cycle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
774 Posts
running a 50 and like it. very stable

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not like I'm a racer or an arctic sniper scuba ninja rider, but I do like a quick turn in. I'll pry hold out for the 55 and just get it from 303. I may never know the difference, but if I get a 50 and hate it, I'll be pissed until I need the next set of tires. That's a lot of burn outs and I can't justify the black marks in the driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts