Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have TTX36 on my bike. free sag is 15mm and the rider sag is 25mm.
I use power one,and set the cold tire pressure 1.5 bar (michelin recommended).

Please be aware,i just flip over my tire BEFORE i go for ride!!!

I think there must be some setup problem with my shock ,but i am not sure what exactly the problem is,could someone help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had alreay seen it before,but my english was so poor,and i cant catch what he said.i just need someone give me a conclusion.
anyway,thank you very much!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mate - thats how they should be. When these tyres get hot, especially on track, they will get soft and sticky. So when you ride it hard, as the tyre moves, it will start to scrub up the surface of the tyre per your picture.

Mine do exactly the same on my race bike......

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am no expert, but I was running the Power One's all season. The wear doesnt look that bad, does it?
What the Michelin website recommends for air pressure & what the track side Rep recommends seems to be different. I was told to run 34 PSI hot on both the "C" & "B" compounds.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks fine to me.... I don't see anything to worry about.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's input!!!

After reading the following long post on 600RR forum,it is seems i got scallop (raised lip) on the leading edge of my rear tire, Did that mean i get too much rebound damping and need soften my rebound damping a little,am i right???

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107722

I really lost in that long post beacause my poor english:(

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Yes looking at the pics you rebound is too slow! speed it up! I would go out 3 to 4 clicks to start it's very common to for people to set up rebound too slow! I like my bikes rebound fast but not bouncy comp HARD buy not harsh!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just leave the shock compress and rebound setting as delivery.fast speed need more compress and rebound damping i think......Hope one day,i will go back the setting of shock as original.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Didn't you say you just flipped that tire? If so, the raised lip on the edge of the tread could very likely be from that. They seem to do that after a flip.

You can try playing with the rebound too...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes,it is the brand new tires but before i go to track, i just flipped the tire when installed it on my 10r,beacause the track have 9 left corners but only 3 right corners.I really hate it!!

thanks for your experience,i never mentioned that flipped tire will cause raised lip before.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I would suggest finding a tuner in your area { there had to be on at your local track} if not we will do what we can to help you set it, but it's a bit hard to do online! can you go count the clicks on reb and comp front and rear from full in and tell us where there at base line? they should be set 1/2 way from the factory but thats never a good setting! i also need to know how many clicks or turns there are in the whole stroke .........like....... the shock comp was set @ 10 clicks from full stiff and there are a total of 22 clicks of comp adjustment!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks for everyone's input!!!

After reading the following long post on 600RR forum,it is seems i got scallop (raised lip) on the leading edge of my rear tire, Did that mean i get too much rebound damping and need soften my rebound damping a little,am i right???

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107722

I really lost in that long post beacause my poor english:(
You have tears on the "leading tread" which means you have too little rebound.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would suggest finding a tuner in your area { there had to be on at your local track} if not we will do what we can to help you set it, but it's a bit hard to do online! can you go count the clicks on reb and comp front and rear from full in and tell us where there at base line? they should be set 1/2 way from the factory but thats never a good setting! i also need to know how many clicks or turns there are in the whole stroke .........like....... the shock comp was set @ 10 clicks from full stiff and there are a total of 22 clicks of comp adjustment!
unlucky,i can not find a guy who i am trust in:(

The TTX36 have 22 clicks total of both Comp and Rebound,and the ohlins factory set the comp and rebound at 12 clicks out of the hardest setting.i will try to get rid of 2 clicks of rebound on next trackday.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was told (and shown) this as a general rule for rebound damping: you want only enough rebound to keep the shock or forks from 'cycling'.

Turn the rebound to it's softest setting, and push down hard on the handlebars or seat. Let it spring freely back, and it will probably bounce up past the static sag position and then settle back down. Add rebound damping, and continue testing, until there is just enough rebound that the forks or shock do not overshoot and settle anymore.

Too much rebound won't let the tires 'follow' bumps, and lets the front lose contact with the pavement more easily under acceleration, and the rear under braking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts